Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S2 Avant.........

Hi,

Friend of mine is down sizing from a Disco TD5 to an estate 'of some sort'. Rather than going the obvious diesel route (Audi A4), I gave him a quick blat in my load lugger, and he smiled.

His budget is around £4500 - £5000. He would be looking for a clean, unmolested, FSH model as possible (rocking horse sh*t) - if any one knows of one for sale (rather than going blind on autotrader) please let me know...

Thanks

David
    '93 Avant. First Avant in UK. Original Audi Press Car.

This low mileage one has been knocking about for a couple of weeks.

N.C.T.S
    Mark

Race Clio RS197

S2 Coupe ABY (Green) - RIP
    S2 Coupe ABY (Blue) - Sold

Comment

Ive seen that listed about 4 times now. The first time it was listed it said it had been in an accident and was on the register. So i'd be careful.

Comment

Was going to say the same thing, also aint it been in storage for 6 years or something?

Comment

Originally posted by martinjs
          Ive seen that listed about 4 times now. The first time it was listed it said it had been in an accident and was on the register. So i'd be careful.
          Yes, I thought I had seen something about it being a Cat D car. Do your homework on it!
          Kingdoms are run by Kings, Dictatorships are run by Dictators.
          England must be a Country. :mischeif:

Comment

it does look very good value...so there must be a catch. I will find out if it is a cat D. My colleague wants a good straight example - no iffy history!

Thanks

David

Comment

Best to be patient Dave - these come up so rarely and the last thing you want is a ropey/crashed one !

PS - I have a better brew on the chips since that fateful day in docklands when you 1st tried the version you have. Gotta say I don't miss that London !
              Paul Nugent
              Webmaster http://S2central.net
              Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
              2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
              2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

pm gavs20v hes selling his or me and ill ring him
                94 s2 avant
                aoc member 1116

Comment

Yep, I agree. If I wanted an Avant I would wait a few weeks for Gav's. It's a proper, well looked after, loved, cherished, enthusiasts car. No question worth every penny.

Mark

Race Clio RS197

Comment

ahhhhhhhhhhh those deep dish rims i love them
                    94 s2 avant
                    aoc member 1116

Comment

what a magnificent looking car!! holy shades
                      Polarsilber Rs2 1994

Comment

Check this one http://www.rs246.com/modules.php?op=...&cat=51&de=245
                        Alastair
                        RS2

Comment

Thanks for the replies -

The one on RS246 - looks a little on the pricey side - my friend is buying to a fixed budget... Thx Alastair..

Gav's - how much will he be looking for - by all means PM me with details....

Paul - Luckily only in London three days per week...as to the old bus - I am embarrassed to say I still have the Samcos in garage waiting to be fitted...(anyone want to skin their Knuckles for a few quid!!) Apart from that, all the lacquer has come off the bonnet...and after being wacked in Tescos, the front bumper is misaligned... But mechanically - sound as a pound!

Cheers

Dave

Comment

AFAIK he is looking for around £6k. You can PM him through here, he will respond and send you more photo's of the car if needed. If you have no joy PM me your details and I'll pass them onto him.

HTH
                            Mark

Race Clio RS197

Comment

Working...
                            X