Working right rear brake caliper wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working right rear brake caliper wanted

As in the title, I need to replace my right rear brake caliper, it's starting to stick/ not return to off properly and the handbrake isn't applying strongly enough.

Anyone got one, or know where I can get one from for a good price?

Cheers
    Dan
    Ex S2 owner, now running around in an A4 Avant quattro...

Just remember you can only use the Coupe as the Avant is a totally different set-up
    Mark

Race Clio RS197

S2 Coupe ABY (Green) - RIP
    S2 Coupe ABY (Blue) - Sold

Comment

Ah ok thanks for that. Anyone got a number for 4-ring spares, I seem to have lost it...
      Ex S2 owner, now running around in an A4 Avant quattro...

Comment

01405 816661
        Double check everything with them as sometimes you get things you don't expect. Depends on who answers the phone.
        Generally very good though.
        Kingdoms are run by Kings, Dictatorships are run by Dictators.
        England must be a Country. :mischeif:

Comment

why not remove the caliper, then take off the carrier, pop the pins out and regrease them and get a ford scorpio spring for the handbrake....? I had a sticking rear caliper a few months after i bought the car and only now after almost 5 years is it just strating to do it again. You might also get the handbrake to work better by winding back the piston too IIRC
          sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by s2driveruk
            why not remove the caliper, then take off the carrier, pop the pins out and regrease them and get a ford scorpio spring for the handbrake....? I had a sticking rear caliper a few months after i bought the car and only now after almost 5 years is it just strating to do it again. You might also get the handbrake to work better by winding back the piston too IIRC
            I was told the Fraud spring is no longer available, haven't checked tho'

David

Comment

Working right rear brake caliper wanted
              Well, everyone wants this. Unhelpful i know but sadly true of most VAG rear calipers, they are sh*te.

graham.
              Signature censored
              The member formerly known as tekkno300

Comment

Originally posted by Stick Insect

David
                I remember last time you mentioned the "f" word to do with rear brakes.
                SS

Comment

Personally dan i would just go and buy a new one from GSF or somewhere,IME it isnt worth p!ssing around 'fixing' them.

Comment

Why not get the whole caliper from a Ford breakers? They don't seem so bad for corrosion on the Fords... £35 outright when I asked.

David

Comment

Depends on what you can be a*sed to do, an hour and some grease or £35 plus p&p plus time to get them plus time to swap. Repacking the pins doesnt even need the caliper disconnecting etc.

Maybe i'm just a tight bu**er

David
                      sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Stick Insect

David
                        Only 1 side is NLA from Ford (6141148, IIRC)
                        Mike

http://www.s2-audi.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                        X