Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RS2/S2 pistons wanted

Guys,

Anyone got a set of standard or oversized RS2 pistons lying about?

cheers
    Steve
    91 Modded 3B
    14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Steve,

are they necessarily needed new?
    I may think of opening the 25k km RS2 engine in the next couple of months. So if they are good (as I'm pretty sure with the mileage of the engine) and you don't need them in a hurry, at a good price (no idea at the moment, anyway) you may also want the con rods that, if I remember correctly, are uprated items compared to the 3B ones.

Marco

Comment

Steve,

I have a set of pistons and rods from S2

can see pics at http://homepage.ntlworld.com/vfm.2001/Audiparts.htm

drop me a pm if your interested.

Greg
      Last edited by Greg_S; 21 November 2003, 17:54.
      Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

That page is not working Greg.
        S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

Give it a try now, forgot to put part of the address in it.

Audi Pistons and rods etc and other bits
          Greg

Comment

IS that cranks seal from the fron tof the engine? - I'm not wanting it, just wondering as it is something I might change in the future.

Also, was your turbo smoking?
            S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

The crank seal is from the back of the engine. Fits right on back of block and then the flywheel mounts to the crank right next to it.

Turbo did smoke for a little while, then stopped.

But will have a second K24 for sale pretty soon too, that one is in good nick and no smoking etc.

Greg
              Greg

Comment

3B/ABY/ADU con rods are all the same
                S2 Avant......fully loaded :rock: :bow: Slipper Wagons Rule !!!!!

Comment

Supposedly m8, remember our conversation? :nana:
                  '98 Silver Grey 2.7T S4, dual 2.75" turbo back exhaust with no cats, FMIC, BIG injectors, 10 Bar motorsport fuel pump, modded RS4 turbos, tubular exhaust manifolds, custom intakes, RS4 MAF, Bilstein PSS9, H&R ARBs, 19" BBS CH, custom remap, 511 BHP/505ft-lbs

www.MRCTuning.com
                  info@MRCTuning.com
                  Workshop Directions

Comment

Comment

In fact, 3B/ABY/ADU pistons are all the same too

Comment

Cheers for the offers guys

The problem will be finding oversized components if I need to have my block rebored. I'll get back to you as soon as I know what's happening.

Thanks again

Cheers
                        Steve
                        91 Modded 3B

Comment

Originally posted by Audi Parts Guru
                          In fact, 3B/ABY/ADU pistons are all the same too

Nah Paul, this ain't true, I used to think the same as well (according to ETKA they are) before I had actually had a set of each in my hands and now I can say ADU PISTONS AREN'T THE SAME AS 3B/ABY/AAN, the ADUs are dished for lower compression ratio!!!!

There's some stuff out there in ETKA that doesn't make sense, just like in a 5.x version they were saying that my 3B engine from a 200q20v had the same exhaust cam as an ADU motor, BS!

:nana: :nana: :nana:
                          '98 Silver Grey 2.7T S4, dual 2.75" turbo back exhaust with no cats, FMIC, BIG injectors, 10 Bar motorsport fuel pump, modded RS4 turbos, tubular exhaust manifolds, custom intakes, RS4 MAF, Bilstein PSS9, H&R ARBs, 19" BBS CH, custom remap, 511 BHP/505ft-lbs

www.MRCTuning.com
                          info@MRCTuning.com
                          Workshop Directions

Comment

Originally posted by Mihnea
                            Nah Paul, this ain't true, I used to think the same as well (according to ETKA they are) before I had actually had a set of each in my hands and now I can say ADU PISTONS AREN'T THE SAME AS 3B/ABY/AAN, the ADUs are dished for lower compression ratio!!!!
                            Mihnea, if I ordered 1 x 034 107 065M from my supplier, he would not ask me what engine this piston is for.This part number is for a piston that is fitted to 3B/ABY/AAN/ADU engines and these all have a compression ratio of 9.3-1.
                            What you have to remember is that ETKA has been around for approximately 6 years and although there were 'some' mistakes on it when it was launched, now it is very very accurate.

If the RS2 used low compression pistons then they would have their own unique part number.The fact is that they are the same part number as S2 and S6 pistons

How old is your ETKA ?

Comment

Agreed...I have a set of RS2 pistons at home (or what's left of them) They have a dished section on the piston crown. As Mihnea says, this will reduce the CR.
                              91 Modded 3B

Comment

Working...
                              X