Reverse Intake Manifold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reverse Intake Manifold

Preferably I would like to get hold of the REVO SMS unit if there is any knocking around.

Cheaper the better, but not too cheap that it needs alot of modifying to make it fit etc.
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

this sort of thing
    Greg

Comment

also dahlback have a dual plenum IM but they want 2211 euro's for it!!!
      Greg

Comment

Greg, have you looked on ebay.de, they have a few reverse inlet manifolds on there, they look like the Wagner manifolds, not too sure on the quality but the price seems alright

http://cgi.ebay.de/kurzes-Saugrohr-f...QQcmdZViewItem
        sigpic

Comment

just looked on wagnertuning.de ... the manifold is 990 euro's

http://www.wagner-tuning.de/content/index.html
          sigpic

Comment

The only Wagner manifold I've actually seen in the flesh so to speak was very poor in terms of quality
            S2 Avant......fully loaded :rock: :bow: Slipper Wagons Rule !!!!!

Comment

Would it not be cheaper to take an s2 inlet manifold to a fabricator and have them reverse the intake ?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jon441cc
                Would it not be cheaper to take an s2 inlet manifold to a fabricator and have them reverse the intake ?
                Thats what I am thinking, I may see about sourcing another IM and some velocity stacks and having one fabricated to suit. The Wagner one I have seen before now was pretty poor quality, especially for the price of it.

Ideally I would like to make a dual plenem design similar to that of dahlbacks.
                Greg

Comment

Greg: How about buying one from dahlback and make a copy ? We can combine money let's say from 4 guys(you , me , mark_h and someone else for example) buy genuie item from Dahlback , cut it and make 4 replicas ?

The only thing we would need is a proper tig welder who can do the job , how about that ?

P.S. And the dahlback price is only 1790 EUR if bought on the company name(i hope you know how to avoid tax that way ).
                  Vadim.

New engine (mechanical PKM head) , Alcon 332mm brakes , Pauter rods , Mahle pistons, GT30R , kw v2 sucpension , new exhaust. 608HP. For SALE !

Comment

I would be also interested in dual plenem design
                    AKmotorsport.net - Manufacturing Motorsport parts that do the job. | Audi S2 on Facebook | Best way of reaching me is sending email to albert@akmotorsport.net

Comment

Originally posted by Jon441cc
                      Greg, have you looked on ebay.de, they have a few reverse inlet manifolds on there, they look like the Wagner manifolds, not too sure on the quality but the price seems alright

http://cgi.ebay.de/kurzes-Saugrohr-f...QQcmdZViewItem
                      That auction looks to be by Carsten Wagner, the source of Wagner manifolds. I got mine from an auction by him a while back.
                      Kenneth
                      1990 Coupe quattro
                      1991 200q20v x 2
                      1985 4ksq 20vt project
                      1986 Coupe GT 10vt project
                      2006 Honda Ridgeline
                      1998 Honda VFR800FI

Comment

I've spent almost that much creating mine:
                        http://www.motorgeek.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8131
                        So it looks like good value to me. Surely you can tidy up the rough edges? Alternatevely you could start, as already mentioned, with a cheaper 3B intake manifold?
                        1984 Pearlwhite ur quattro (3B 20v power - 034EFI/RS2 modded)

Comment

This is the one I would be looking for:

OR

AKmotorsport.net - Manufacturing Motorsport parts that do the job. | Audi S2 on Facebook | Best way of reaching me is sending email to albert@akmotorsport.net

Comment

s2avant: Ben , how much lately is oem S1 realintake manifold(the one with 3 plenums) ?
                            Vadim.

New engine (mechanical PKM head) , Alcon 332mm brakes , Pauter rods , Mahle pistons, GT30R , kw v2 sucpension , new exhaust. 608HP. For SALE !

Comment

Originally posted by Audi Parts Guru
                              The only Wagner manifold I've actually seen in the flesh so to speak was very poor in terms of quality

Hmm....
                              Tend to agree. However the biggest problem is that its not fully machined. You can see from the shots that the fuel rail boss is blank and so is the throttle cable boss. Whats not apparent is that the manifold also need clearancing for the water rail! Then you need to add the various fittings for the pressure take off and ISV etc.
                              Now you could argue that this is done so that the end use can decide where to place these things. On a competion car that might be acceptable. But as the largest market is probably S2 based it seems a bit of an oversight! At the very least it should bolt on without machining. If this was better thought out it would be a worthwhile upgrade. The main difference between this and the MTM one is that MTM has thought about most of the issues and has provision for most things including a mount for the dipstick!
                              There is a premium for this convenience!
                              I personally like the SMS Revo one too. I have only seen three. One on the car in question, the S4 Revo. One on the Digitec RS2 withh the SMS script removed. And another on a bench! Again it seems to have been well thought out but whether it actually made it into production is unknown.
                              It looks as though the 034 one that Javad uses is similiar if not identical to the Wagner one so it clearly functions well!

Comment

Working...
                              X