i need stiffer wg spring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i need stiffer wg spring

my mods are k26 turbo, green injecters, big ic, free flow side exit exhaust from turbo, revotec dv, open air filter and chip set. it tops at 1,4 bar boost and then drop but i want to run more so i need a stiffer wg spring can some one help me.i dont no where to buy.

The boost is control by the ecu.
    Kingdoms are run by Kings, Dictatorships are run by Dictators.
    England must be a Country. :mischeif:

Comment

i no but if the spring are harder then standard, the boost will go up

Comment

I have a spring if you want, PM me
        Aelred

Comment

you will have to isolate your wgfv to get any benifit or get a remap

Comment

what does it mean isolate wfgv how do i do it

Comment

little pipe out of your turbo goes straight up to your wastegate

block off the little pipe going into your turbo where your wgfv usually goins into

leave the wgfv connected to the loom other wise it will throw up a fault code

on your waste gate top in the centre there is a little cap, drill that out and there is a grub screw underneath which lets you fine adjust the tension on your spring

wind it all the way out first then wind it back in a little at a time untill you get the desired boost level, bearing in mind that if your car hasnt been mapped your ecu wont compensate for a big differance in boost level and you may damage your engine, i ran 15psi on my 3B reliably on the wg spring because i was getting spikes this cured the problem,

i know people advise against this but i personally have more faith in a proper mechcanical valve than an electronic one

HTH
              Will

Comment

Boost will hold better with less tailing off at high revs with a harder WG spring. However to get more peak boost you'll have to fit a manual or electronic boost controller, which bypasses the WGFV. Motronic itself should have some flexibility to handle the extra fuelling requirement with a modest increase in boost (0.3-0.4 bar) in my own experience. However best to check your air fuel ratio afterwards just to make sure you are not running lean.
                p.s. Is the chip set designed the run with your upgrades?

Comment

Working...
                X