Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted - air intake guide / covering

Hi

Whatever connects the flat faced air intake on the side of the airbox to the cowling / cover that protects the rear of the drivers side headlight is missing on the car, probably causing heat soak problems as there's quite a gap. Think this is supposed to slot directly into a guide plate, tucked behind the ribbed pipe to the air mass meter, and clipped to the top edge of the slam panel behind the headlight - I think!!

You'll have to strain your eyes to see it but its the bit ringed in red in the bottom left corner of this pic!

Probably a long shot but anyone got this guide plate and whatever is slots into etc spare that I could purchase?? Not a very good description but I havnt seen whats supposed to be there!

Looks as if the bit/s Im after are the same on a 3B (which is what I have) as an ABY.

cheers guys!

Paul
    Last edited by Paulgo; 16 May 2006, 13:57.
    Trick Pearl White 1992 3B S2 Coupe. Porsche 996 monoblock stopping power! HID Seeing power! Mmmmm Miltek!!!
    Trick Indigo Pearl B5 S4 Recaros, Bose , Mmmm Miltek!!!
    sigpic

Found a better pic! Couresty of Mikes2's website! its the bit conveniently arrowed (and any fixings)!!

Trick Pearl White 1992 3B S2 Coupe. Porsche 996 monoblock stopping power! HID Seeing power! Mmmmm Miltek!!!
    sigpic

Comment

you should be able to order one from vagparts or audi, cant imagine they can cost that much....
      Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

I think its 895 805 965B - Cost is £5.01, i'd check with someone like Ben tho
        Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
        2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

8A0 805 962F This should be the guide part it slots in to
          Cost is £7.93
          Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
          2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

cheers guys Sent an email to Marty so I should be sorted - I wasnt sure if you could still get these bits new

thanks again

Paul
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X