*** W A N T E D - A u d i S 2 ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *** W A N T E D - A u d i S 2 ***

Looking for a 6sp S2 not white or red, must have A/C otherwise options not important, obviously prefer low mileage, cash waiting up to £10,000.

Based in Oxon.

Cheers,

Steve.
    The Perfectionist
    sigpic
    Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Coupe or Avant?

Comment

Doh, 'knew I had forgotten something!!

COUPE!
      The Perfectionist
      sigpic
      Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Why are you limiting yourself to the coupe?

I have a coupe but I would have an avant(maybe as well as the coupe) - more high speed stability, get lots of stuff in it, very understated, a lot of parts are cheaper than the coupe, and more RS2 bits bolt on - it is worth considering.
        S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

Agree with Doug's comments. When I was looking for my S2 I was looking for the 'right' Coupe for a long time and didn't even consider the Avant. With what I know now, I am really glad I chose the Avant. I would make the same decision again, 2+ years later! It is a very practical motor. Attracts far less attention from thieves too but I did change the badges to 1.9Tdi ones to prevent them getting nicked too. It is incredibly understated (well until I fitted the RS2 front end and 18" alloys to fit my brakes inside!). Why not view both Coupe and Avant styles and decide after you have tried a few, instead of excluding one before you start looking. When I was looking the Avants were about 1500 quid cheaper than an equivalent Coupe! It was an easy choice for me in the end.

One thing I did do was try to get the newest one I could due to some of the specification improvements. Ended up getting a '95 model but did buy it with over 100k miles on the clock and some slight inconsistencies in the history. This was not a concern for me as I knew what I was letting myself in for. Most of mine will be modified/improved sooner or later anyway but I wanted a decent base to start from. It's my hobby/project car and currently my daily commuter too.

Lee
          1995 S2 Avant with some upgrades

Designun Limited....
          Aerospace, Space and Motorsport Design Consultancy and hardware supply.

Comment

Have always wanted the Coupe, that's all. I do like the avant but the Coupe is the one for me! (Not sure I would get the Avant in my garage either, the '80 only just fits!!)

Thanks for the advice though guys.
            The Perfectionist
            sigpic

Comment

The Avant is only a few inches longer than the Cabriolet. I didn't realise until I parked my car next to my boss's Audi 80 Cab.

Coupe it is then! Hope you find a good one and tell us all about it.
              1995 S2 Avant with some upgrades

Designun Limited....
              Aerospace, Space and Motorsport Design Consultancy and hardware supply.

Comment

Go for an Avant..............you know you want to
                S2 Avant......fully loaded :rock: :bow: Slipper Wagons Rule !!!!!

Comment

you also wont get the problem with the rear light clusters. in this weather every few mins it beeps at me
                  Coupe

Comment

The Avant and the Saloon (80) are EXACTLY the same length.

Comment

Stand corrected! An Avant WILL fit in my garage, but I STILL don't want one!! LOL

S
                      The Perfectionist
                      sigpic

Comment

Fat AUDI 80, (LOL!)
                        I've PM'd You.......

Comment

oi.. leave the poor guy alone, he wants a sports car not a family wagon

plus he probably dosnt have the furry slipers to go with the avant

**sits back and awaits a grillin from the avant pushers**
                          ABY Coupe
                          sigpic

Comment

SLIPPER WAGONS RULE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :nana:
                            S2 Avant......fully loaded :rock: :bow: Slipper Wagons Rule !!!!!

Comment

oi Ski!!!!!!!!!!!
                              Watch what your sayin about avants!!!!!!!! i may forget to put some bolts back in you motor at the end of the month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Money is everything! Second to Power of course!!! But money breeds power??

Comment

Working...
                              X