Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uprated clutch wanted, 3B

Hello folks!

I want an uprated clutch for a 3B engine with stock flywheel, mated to stock but rebuilt gearbox. Potential engine output up to 400bhp max, no idea of torque levels but expect them to be commensurate with that sort of power.

Any suggestions for a new clutch, or has anyone got a clutch that they want to sell?

PM me - or if the inbox is full, email me on m-cutting@supanet.com

Cheers for now!

Martin Cutting

__MDC__
    Martin Cutting

aka Keeper of "The Teutonic Kitten"

It's not better than sex, but it runs it a close second.

Don't have one for sale I'm afraid, but I've had my clutchnet carbon fibre clutch for 1,000 miles now and I'm really impressed. Haven't done any launches but I'm sure it'll be fine, seeing as it works for Tom :mischeif:

In short, it handles the power and torque fine, isn't like an on-off switch, doesn't feel overly heavy. Don't mind being in traffic in the S2 any more than any other manual I've driven now, which is rather nice, though a much smoother idle since the balance + rebuild attributes to that too... previously I'd be irate and ready to park after about 10 mins!
    AUDI - saving Dad's from minivans since 1994

Comment

I have the Clutchnet Carbon Racing clutch kit too,
      Am very impressed with it.
      Its not the greatest clutch for traffic though, just a tad heavy apart from that id say 10/10
      91 S2 coupé - RIP
      98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

Ok so that's two up for the Clutchnet clutch!

Thanks for the input guys!

__MDC__
        Martin Cutting

Comment

Originally posted by s2_bo
          I have the Clutchnet Carbon Racing clutch kit too,
          Am very impressed with it.
          Its not the greatest clutch for traffic though, just a tad heavy apart from that id say 10/10
          Better get on that leg-press machine a bit more eh Bo...

Admittedly I seem to have the 'fairy weight' version in comparison to Tom's, but after about 30 miles of driving I seem to get on better with mine in traffic that the stock job. Mind you, that could be because it has better bite & feel (old one was very near to the end of it's life).
          AUDI - saving Dad's from minivans since 1994

Comment

Originally posted by Ross
            Better get on that leg-press machine a bit more eh Bo...

Admittedly I seem to have the 'fairy weight' version in comparison to Tom's, but after about 30 miles of driving I seem to get on better with mine in traffic that the stock job. Mind you, that could be because it has better bite & feel (old one was very near to the end of it's life).
            , Well i have decided to start downhilling again on my bike, just to train my left leg mussels to Clutchnet standard.
            91 S2 coupé - RIP
            98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

I see from Aelred's thread about these clutches that the waiting list is very long - I will need something before then! I still have an almost brand new standard clutch that was fitted when the gearbox was last removed/changed, so perhaps I should stay with that and wait for the uprated one? If anyone has something because they are upgrading, I am listening!

__MDC__
              Martin Cutting

Comment

SPEC version from me If that helps??? Proven and very relaible, just not that well known over this side of the pond, various ones availbe depending on hp.
                Available within 10 days from funds clearing.
                Corey
                01636 822288

Comment

Originally posted by Corey
                  SPEC version from me If that helps??? Proven and very relaible, just not that well known over this side of the pond, various ones availbe depending on hp.
                  Available within 10 days from funds clearing.
                  Got a price for us Corey?
                  Old Stuff Reborn.

Comment

Choose a level of HP (see my sponsered area) and flick me a PM, I will sort out a good price.
                    Corey
                    01636 822288

Comment

How much labour does a clutch need? I guess its going to cost about £300-400 just for the work? engine out and all.
                      Chef

Comment

I usually charge 8 hours for a clutch on an S2 but lets not go off thread.
                        Corey
                        01636 822288

Comment

Hi there Corey, got your email and will be in touch, was soooooo sleepy last night that I managed not to reply to any emails!

__MDC__
                          Martin Cutting

Comment

Working...
                          X