ABY cylinder head wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABY cylinder head wanted

Need a cylinder head if anyone has one to sell. Must be ready for use, ie flat and pressure tested.

Ta.
    acidtrax

Hi Karlos.
    What happened? Saw the car when i dropped mine off the other day.
    Russ
    Old Stuff Reborn.

Comment

Don't ****ing ask.
      acidtrax

Comment

you can try MRC since they are re engineering 7A heads to fit and might be able to help
        Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

I got a aby cylinder head from Ebay.de for my car not so long ago, I spent a couple of months searching for one but this was my saviour. expect to pay about 400 - 600 € for a good one, mine had ports/valves polished ready to fit.
          previously owned audis:
          1987 Audi 80 1.8E
          1990 Audi 80 sport
          1989 Audi Coupe 2.2E
          Current car:
          1995 Audi S2 Avant LHD

Comment

Bibby buy a 7A head and have it machine will cost you around £200-300 in total and will be less abused than a standard turbo head, failing that also look for an AAN head on ebay.
            Last edited by Jamo; 26 July 2006, 10:37.

Comment

Bibby i have got a 7A head for sale didnt know you could adapt it for an ABY otherwise i would have done it myself
              previously owned audis:
              1987 Audi 80 1.8E
              1990 Audi 80 sport
              1989 Audi Coupe 2.2E
              Current car:
              1995 Audi S2 Avant LHD

Comment

Tim has my old 7A head at his workshop. Said he had a buyer for it (from NZ) but the chap didn't get back to him. Let me know if you want it.

Russ
                Old Stuff Reborn.

Comment

QRSport have said they won't fit a 7A head to an ABY engine.

I've managed to source an ABY head though, so thanks everyone.
                  acidtrax

Comment

Hope you get it sorted properly this time. Good luck.

Russ
                    Old Stuff Reborn.

Comment

Originally posted by Bibby
                      QRSport have said they won't fit a 7A head to an ABY engine.
                      Why? Whats all that about?? (I'm talking about the bare casting)

If it its machined by whomever can do it correctly to accept the S2 water manifold and a mounting boss for the hall sender - it's probably better than an old S2 head (Prob had an easier life with less chance of cracks etc).

Well thats my opinion anyway.

I have one that I plan to have machined as a spare in the future.

If I'm wrong I'll be happy to be told why??

If so I'll use my old cracked up ABY head as a spare instead!
                      Mark - Modded

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Halligan
                        Why? Whats all that about?? (I'm talking about the bare casting)

If it its machined by whomever can do it correctly to accept the S2 water manifold and a mounting boss for the hall sender - it's probably better than an old S2 head (Prob had an easier life with less chance of cracks etc).

Well thats my opinion anyway.

I have one that I plan to have machined as a spare in the future.

If I'm wrong I'll be happy to be told why??

If so I'll use my old cracked up ABY head as a spare instead!
                        Mark i think it's a QRS thing, personally i wouldn't take my car anywhere near the place.

Theres been alot of people who have managed to convert a 7A head from american and u.k forums.

But Bibby has found an ABY head which is without doubt the easiest installation option

Comment

Originally posted by Jamo
                          Mark i think it's a QRS thing, personally i wouldn't take my car anywhere near the place.
                          Never dealt with them, but I can't agree with whats been said about the 7A head conversion, (if thats what 'they' say).

Theres been alot of people who have managed to convert a 7A head from american and u.k forums.
                          Absolutely.

But Bibby has found an ABY head which is without doubt the easiest installation option
                          Yes I read the post and I hope he gets it sorted as thats the best and quickest way to fix his problem.
                          Last edited by Mark Halligan; 26 July 2006, 23:02.
                          Mark - Modded

Comment

I compared my 7A head to an AAN one when i had it off and couldn’t see any difference other than the water manifold and cam sensor mount. Head gasket had smaller water holes around the combustion chamber on the 7A which i found curious but the head was the same.

I did notice the engine number is stamped on the head so you would end up with a 7A engine :mischeif:
                            91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
                            93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
                            94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

Originally posted by mcandmar
                              I did notice the engine number is stamped on the head so you would end up with a 7A engine :mischeif:
                              Which could mean you would not have to run cats
                              Kingdoms are run by Kings, Dictatorships are run by Dictators.
                              England must be a Country. :mischeif:

Comment

Working...
                              X