No announcement yet.

WTD: A nice CQ or an S2 look-a-likey...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTD: A nice CQ or an S2 look-a-likey...

As they don't have S2's/RS2's over here I am looking at starting a project using a Coupe to convert into a S2 or RS2 spec'd coupe.

Anyone hear or know of a nice "canvas" to start my project on...let me know...

Thanks for any help/advice given

Mike

ps I will start shopping for various "nice" bits so keep your eyes peeled guys!!...Thanks..

Since you are in Canada, would it not be cheaper to fly to Germany, buy a 90 or 91 and ship it back. Seems like it would be a lot less trouble.

Greg W.
    They can have my car when they pry my cold dead fingers from the steering wheel.

Comment

I have debated this...but cannot speak german!!!...so I may end up buying a lemon!!

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by europeanme
        I have debated this...but cannot speak german!!!...so I may end up buying a lemon!!

Mike
        Why buy from germany ?
        sigpic

Comment

LHD and the speedo is in Kmh....but a lot of hassle....

Comment

Mike, I made the mistake of jumping the gun on my first Coupe. Paid too much with too many miles and later lots of mechanical/cosmetic probs. I could never do what I want with this car if I had to fix everything so it was gone quick. I took my time with the new purchase and it was well worth the wait. I got exactly what I wanted black/black perfect in and out to my standards and I paid a fair value for it. My method was putting up an ad on audifans.com with willingness to pay top dollar 8k for the right car. I had hits like crazy and most of them were not even selling their cars at the time. You'll have to be prepared to travel for the right car if you are serioius about buying a Coupe in North America. They were only offered in 90-91 and only around 1700 were sent over. The later builds came with driver airbag and the 91 had the moonroof option over aluminum sunroof. I've got my eyes open so I'll let ya know as they show up. Do you have a colour preference?
            Cheers mis amigos,
            _Anton

Comment

Originally posted by rs2coupe
              Mike, I made the mistake of jumping the gun on my first Coupe. Paid too much with too many miles and later lots of mechanical/cosmetic probs. I could never do what I want with this car if I had to fix everything so it was gone quick. I took my time with the new purchase and it was well worth the wait. I got exactly what I wanted black/black perfect in and out to my standards and I paid a fair value for it. My method was putting up an ad on audifans.com with willingness to pay top dollar 8k for the right car. I had hits like crazy and most of them were not even selling their cars at the time. You'll have to be prepared to travel for the right car if you are serioius about buying a Coupe in North America. They were only offered in 90-91 and only around 1700 were sent over. The later builds came with driver airbag and the 91 had the moonroof option over aluminum sunroof. I've got my eyes open so I'll let ya know as they show up. Do you have a colour preference?
              Hey Anton
              That was the advice I needed before I brought my S2 but hey...there wasn't much to do to it really.....
              As for preference.....red is my least favourite...dark colours are my main choice but the pearl white I have seen on UR-S4's looks nice..I think thats what drew me to the black coupe on the audifans site....

Thanks for keeping your eyes peeled....

Mike

ps any other places to look.....I have found audiworld, autotrader.com and audifans..

Comment

honestly, i think you'd be better buying a completed conversion or importing the real deal. most of the coupes in NA will have a sh!tload of miles by now. while these cars are certainly robust, spending 3k for a car with 300,000kms on it is a little (i know, i pretty much did it...learned alot from that!). as well as the hassle of doing the conversion or worse paying someone else to do it.

while not the same distance involved, i had my UrS4 shipped to me from Florida for $1300 by a company called Searail. maybe give them a call and see what it costs to get one here from europe. good operation, my car arrived in perfect shape. they have an office in vancouver as well.

i'm sure if you asked, someone on here can see whats around for sale too.
                1993 UrS4...aka the rocket powered living room

Comment

Here's another

http://audifans.com/marketplace/show...ns_Cars&id=944
                  Cheers mis amigos,
                  _Anton

Comment

Originally posted by ottawa coupe

while not the same distance involved, i had my UrS4 shipped to me from Florida for $1300 by a company called Searail. maybe give them a call and see what it costs to get one here from europe. good operation, my car arrived in perfect shape. they have an office in vancouver as well. ...
                    Connell, lad. Is that you?

Dave F.
                    RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
                    94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Yup, I'm with the rest of the guys. You'd be better off buying a 91 S2 from Europe (surely you still have some connections!) and importing it to Canada. Cars 15 years old or older have no restrictions on importation. In my opinion, it would cost more, take more time and be more of a hassle to build your own. Having said that, I absolutely love mine and wouldn't have done it any other way!
                      Ben
                      Calgary, Alberta
                      Canada
                      1991 CQ e//S2 w/ RS2 spec 3B 20vt
                      Panther Black Metallic
                      www.moda-architecture.ca

Comment

Any Good?
                        Kingdoms are run by Kings, Dictatorships are run by Dictators.
                        England must be a Country. :mischeif:

Comment

cheers for the help guys...
                          I will have to start looking back in europe....or wait a couple of years and buy an RS2!!!...and bring it back....:wink:

Cheers for the heads up Bry...I would rather get a nice "sorted" one...you know like Andy's!!!....hows the new job??.....

Comment

Kingdoms are run by Kings, Dictatorships are run by Dictators.
                            England must be a Country. :mischeif:

Comment

Originally posted by BRY
                              Quite apart from being the most scabby 3B I have ever seen, where is the battery?

Cheers n

Si
                              95 ABY S2 Coupe - Ragusa Green
                              Subtle mods here and there

2011 A5 3.0 TDi - Lava Grey
                              With every option available (except a towball)

Comment

Working...
                              X