Rear dampers s2/rs2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear dampers s2/rs2

looking for a pair of rear dampers to fit s2/rs2 must be in good working order

Right just read your thread about ride height... I do have a set of OE RS2 rear shock still with the stickers on though I was keeping them as spares for my car. But I guess they're more use to you than being sat in the corner of my workshop.
    Last edited by K Simmonds; 9 November 2019, 21:45.
    1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
    1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
    1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
    1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

yes I am interested I take it they are still holding pressure? if so how much are you asking for them? i pay a ship load of money for a pair of shocks fit them to the get the aligment done £100 to find out I have to rip the whole lot back out have the option of cutting groove into the bilstein which automaticaly voids the guarentee. I bet your thinking well you should have researched it further but I took the word of sales person my mistake. there should be more information about these options on the Bilstein web site. Enough of my ranting lets talk about your dampers.

Comment

Heya Joss I'd be pissed big time as well so don't worry about the rant, Bilstein should have their products fit for purpose at the price point they charge, I've seen the pic's of your car on the main thread regarding this matter and it obvious the height of the rear spring seats is incorrect. As you rightly say there should be more info in their catalogue

I've just gotten my dampers out of storage and they both are equally restive to pull in and out and do slowly return to the fully extended position when left for a minute so yes they still hold gas pressure, that was in my freezing garage, I've brought them into the house to warm them up and see how they perform then. The bushes and bump-stops are all in good shape as are the outer dust seals on the main shock body's and one can see they haven't spent much time on a car.

I'll give them a clean as their warming up and take some pic's in while for you, price wise I guess £200 would probably be about right for genuine RS2 rear shocks

Have you checked to see how much genuine standard S2 Avant units would cost if still available? as I bet the difference in the rear dampers is negligible.

Comment

I Thanks I await the photos. here are the shocks Bilsteins being installed I am not going to make the mistake of fitting them incorrectly this far into the rebuild
          Attached Files

Comment

P1010003.JPGP1010004.JPGP1010006.JPG How bloody annoying, you can see the lower perch is is 50 mm odd too high. Here's the pic's of mine, once they warmed up they cycled well so they are holding pressure just fine. Though one will have to cycle them a couple of times after delivering as the get laid flat which is far from ideal, dampers as I'm sure you know should always be stored upright.

P1010001.JPG

Comment

had a call from the supplier POTN they contacted Bilstein last week they showed them the photos that of the shocks fitted to the car. Bilstein have taken full responsibility and said they will alter the shocks to suit thr RS2, they said this is a rare occurence and I am one of the unlucky people that have this problem and they have had an issue with this in the past. They collected the shocks today. If they are not correct I wil be asking for a refund and purchasing you set of dampers.

Comment

No worries, sounds like Bilstien have pulled their heads from their bottoms, hope they get it right this time around!

Comment

I will keep you updated

Comment

Working...
                  X