Wanted: Door cards for Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted: Door cards for Coupe

I have jacquard satin interior and the fabric is starting to come off the door cards so looking for a set of replacements in excellent condition.

19620007530_9249d8cb0a_c.jpg
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

It isn't too bad a job to fix what you have Greg, 4mm foam and some "smart tack" spray adhesive from tool station
    Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
    S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
    '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

I had the same thoughts but then thought even a mint door card is stil 20 plus years old so will more likely start peeling away soon Gonna get mine fixed instead

Comment

Originally posted by LHD_Kid View Post
        It isn't too bad a job to fix what you have Greg, 4mm foam and some "smart tack" spray adhesive from tool station
        Thanks both. Is it a straight forward job to change? I have a simialr issue with the material on the interior sunroof trim too. Any tips on how to do it?
        Greg

Comment

Get someone else on it

Comment

I need to do all my door cards and roof liner

Comment

I haven't done a sunroof, but the door cards are fairly easy...

Buy the "smart tack" contact adhesive spray from ToolStation (it's blue, not cheap, but amazing)
              Remove cards
              Carefully peel of existing material and do your best to clean off the goo (it's water based, but does come off with some careful rubbing (textured rubber gloves are pretty good)
              Get a metre of 3amp lighting cable to use round the edge
              First glue 4mm foam onto the back of the quattro material and trim the excess foam
              Then, when dry, glue door card and foam backed material (cereal packet card is good to stop overspray) and bring together
              Push the electrical flex into the groove around the edge of the material, and leave to fully dry. The flex means it sticks well and does not lift on the edges
              Job done...

Edit: similar job to the headlining, but much, much easier!
              Last edited by LHD_Kid; 29 November 2019, 12:47.

Comment

I may give it a try if I’m feeling brave on this. Sounds like it’s a case of take your time and easy does it
                Greg

Comment

I think it's worthwhile to try. Anything you buy will be 25 yrs old and probably getting bad anyway...
                  Get everything prepared and ready, organise yourself and just go guy or it...

Comment

Working...
                  X