Porsche Brake Setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Porsche Brake Setup

Anyone have a complete set up on here sat doing nothing?

Whatever the go-to conversion is, the standards are passed it on mine and by the time they're blasted, rebuilt, you get the picture

Ill say it again, in the five-six years that I haven't owned an S2 - options are radically sparse. You could hit the for sale forum here back then and has RS2 go power and stopping power for £1500 easily. Every individual item now starts with £1000. I havent enjoyed this so far I have to admit.

If you hunt for a while you can get everything you need for the brakes quite cheap. I just found some Boxster calipers for my Ur at a breakers for £200!
    Get the brackets from Alex (error) - about £200
    Hunt for good calipers - £200-£400 for a good pair - keep the pads if they are good!
    Hoses from HEL for about £50 IIRC
    A8 discs and get them turned down - about £100
    Job done.
    My rear brakes were even cheaper as I found someone breaking a B6 S4 and bought calipers, discs and carriers for £200. That was very lucky. Your coupe is more complicated at the back due to different handbrake cables mind.
    Nothelle S2 Avant in restoration
    Wr Ur Quattro (also in restoration)

Comment

Ignore this wanted post.

Writing it just helped me make a decision.

Thanks!

Comment

There is a good section in S2 Central on brake upgrades. I used it to hunt for the right parts.

Get the bits and call over in the summer and I will give you a hand to fit. Nil charge - well a beer maybe
        Last edited by Tractor Dave; 9 February 2020, 20:46.
        Nothelle S2 Avant in restoration
        Wr Ur Quattro (also in restoration)

Comment

Thank you very much for your time Dave!

Comment

Working...
          X