Battery hold down clip and battery cover for S2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery hold down clip and battery cover for S2

I need the battery cover and clip for holding down the battery for the under seat installation.

Thanks,
    Greg W.
    They can have my car when they pry my cold dead fingers from the steering wheel.

Greg:
    http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/901...ry1copykl8.jpg

I don't think that there is a real cover or holding bar.
    Peter S

1990 ErsatzS2 - track toy
    1991 Coupe Quattro
    1991 Coupe Quattro
    1995 S6 Sedan
    1995 S6 Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by PeterS View Post
      Greg:
      http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/901...ry1copykl8.jpg

I don't think that there is a real cover or holding bar.
      Thank you,
      I just needed to see what the clip looked like. when I got my cutout of the battery box, it didn't have that hold down. The ekta shows and lists a cover for this. Is there something that fits on the bottom of the seat, maybe?

Greg W.
      They can have my car when they pry my cold dead fingers from the steering wheel.

Comment

clamp

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Audi-Coupe-2-0...QQcmdZViewItem
        94 s2 avant
        aoc member 1116

Comment

Originally posted by 90quattrocoupe View Post
          Thank you,
          I just needed to see what the clip looked like. when I got my cutout of the battery box, it didn't have that hold down. The ekta shows and lists a cover for this. Is there something that fits on the bottom of the seat, maybe?

Greg W.
          Greg, there is a cover, but I've not seen many fitted. My car doesn't have one as you can see from the picture of my battery linked further up this thread.
          Directly under my seat there isn't anything that would cause any harm, BUT ! I've heard of seats catching fire on the urS4's.
          No problem getting my battery out that I can remember, was easy enough to grip the sides and pull it out.

If you would like me to take some more detailed pics, let me know. Only takes 5 mins to lift the rear seat up.

Jas..
          2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.
          2004 A4 Avant 1.8T quattro Sport-LE.
          1995 S2 Coupe - sold (sniff)

Comment

Thank you,
            But this is the clamp for the battery under the hood. I don't know why person put S2 on a 2.0l clamp.

Greg W.

Comment

Originally posted by Jas11n View Post
              Greg, there is a cover, but I've not seen many fitted. My car doesn't have one as you can see from the picture of my battery linked further up this thread.
              Directly under my seat there isn't anything that would cause any harm, BUT ! I've heard of seats catching fire on the urS4's.
              No problem getting my battery out that I can remember, was easy enough to grip the sides and pull it out.

If you would like me to take some more detailed pics, let me know. Only takes 5 mins to lift the rear seat up.

Jas..
              Thanks Jas,
              But no need, you first picture was just great. Shows me where to cut out the floor for installing my battery box. When I test fitted by battery, it was just hard getting it out. I will probably just end up ordering a hold down clip from VAG parts.

Thank you,
              Greg W.

Comment

didnt sal have one for sale that he cut out the back off an s2
                94 s2 avant
                aoc member 1116

Comment

Working...
                X