We need a forum meeting this year, me and Dave can bring our tools
    Good plan
    Nothelle S2 Avant
    Black Ur project
    Ocianic Ur project gone
    S2 Coupe project gone
    Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Hey mates, I as well finally got after this project after nearly 8 months. There is a long story behind that which I'll save and update another thread.

Things went mostly smoothly installing all the guages. I had replaced the odometer gear some years ago so it was not my first time opening up the cluster module.

There is one rub though. After connecting everything I do not get RPM signal or Speed! Both temps and fuel as well as all autocheck lights, signals, etc. are all working fine. Any ideas on what could be causing this? I played with the 24-point connectors a bit cleaning them gently. I also removed the cluster and rechecked all the screws and connections. Nothing looked out of place. At first I thought maybe I had damaged the needle/mechanism on the tachometer but it is quite the coincidence that it is both the speedo + tach that aren't moving. One other thought is that while manipulating the opened cluster, actual connections on the circuit board became unsettled. If this is possible, I'll need to completely dissassemble and look at all the connections.

Since I was replacing one of the column switches (windscreen wiper stalks) at the same time I didn't want to take the car out on the road until everything was buttoned up. I'm wondering what the issue could be. Could the connections on the column switch have any relation to the tach/speedo? I suspect that whatever the issue is it is electrical related as I was very careful removing the needles (using spoon method). Is it wishful thinking to take the car out and hope that it just starts working? I want to say years ago this happend on an old 4000 we had and randomly the signal just came back.

I'm super happy with the results and the Aux guages look incredible. More pictures to come if/when I can get this sorted.

20220917_163900.jpg
      Last edited by nribs; 18 September 2022, 02:18.

Comment

Working...
      X