6 speed gear linkage (ball)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 speed gear linkage (ball)

The gear shift in my Avant doesn't feel very good. Easy to shift into reverse instead of first etc.
    I pulled the gear shift boot and the ball and socket are toast. The metal retaining ring has popped out and is bent and it's clear the entire ball shifts up/down.

I need to track down a new/good one to replace it with but I don't know the state of the rest of the linkage so I would be interested in a complete linkage for peace of mind but ball/socket as a priority.

​​​Any help appreciated.

The ball should be ok. You can get a new socket from Error 404 on here or via his website https://www.ultraperformance.co.uk/a...kage-bush-22mm You can get the rubber gaiter from Audi Tradition. Replacement 6 speed linkages are hard to find and expensive
    91 Modded 3B
    14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

Originally posted by SteveH View Post
      The ball should be ok. You can get a new socket from Error 404 on here or via his website https://www.ultraperformance.co.uk/a...kage-bush-22mm You can get the rubber gaiter from Audi Tradition. Replacement 6 speed linkages are hard to find and expensive
      I've been looking at his website as he offers a replacement linkage based on a b7(?) platform but I haven't ever seen any in stock.
      That socket says it's for the transmission end so I think it's a different but to the one I'm after?

Comment

This is the part that definitely needs replacing. No idea about the rest!
        Attached Files

Comment

Ahh, apologies, thought you meant the selector rod. You can swap that piece out for a VW Golf part.
          91 Modded 3B
          14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

I have a good one for sale mate
            Rob

Ragussa green avant RS2+ spec
            Racing blue Octavia VRS mk2 estate-Remapped now to 250 bhp
            Audi coupe gt-slow as hell but loads of character-sold

Comment

Working...
            X