Elbow For Cone Wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elbow For Cone Wanted

Im after an elbow for my cone filter. the filter is facing away from the air flow,as it mounts on the pipe that stock airbox goes. so need a 90 or 180 degree elbow to mount the filter in to the flow. Any advice would be appreciated chaps

Originally posted by andyg plym View Post
    Im after an elbow for my cone filter. the filter is facing away from the air flow,as it mounts on the pipe that stock airbox goes. so need a 90 or 180 degree elbow to mount the filter in to the flow. Any advice would be appreciated chaps
    Not sure if you want alloy or silicone mate??
    but for Samco and loads of other stuff these guys are the mutts nuts Cheap and great products

Clicky Here I cant recommend them high enough! Order before 2pm...next day arrival!

Comment

re

You the man ! ! THat is just what i want. Stainless would be my 1st choice but i like that 135 degree hose

Comment

Excellent
        The bonus with Silicone is it is easier to cut and more flexible than alloy...

but if you really wanted alloy there is these guys...

Linky however their 90 degree bends are not mandrel bent (but are several welded sections instead?) and I would definately go for a nice silicone 135 over one of those personally (ot/ but stainless is very bad for IC piping due to its poor heat dissipation properties *unlike alloy* which is why only alloy is normally used or silicone or other materials...its polished often though so can look like stainless!)

Comment

re

so the one at the top is the one to order ? 76mm ? your prob right mate, i can imagine the stainless rattling on the inner wing and having to use summat to cushon it.....like silicon !

Comment

Or just use 2 plastic downpipe bends!! Been done before somewhere on here.
            '93 S4 Avant now back on the road complete with new shiny go faster bits.

Comment

re

downpipe bends ? You what !

Comment

Originally posted by andyg plym View Post
                so the one at the top is the one to order ? 76mm ? your prob right mate, i can imagine the stainless rattling on the inner wing and having to use summat to cushon it.....like silicon !
                I think 76mm/3 inch is correct however you would need to double check the diameters of the cone and maf before buying unless someone who knows for sure can confirm,.,.

Comment

Working...
                X