TDi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TDi

Non S2 related, I know but I need another car. I have had the all silver 1.9Tdi badge from the 90PS version on my S2 Estate for over 18 months but now I need to go the whole hog. I need/want an Audi 80 1.9TDi for commuting. Ideally 1993 or later, about 100k miles not a problem, FASH prefered, non ASH considered but it must have been looked after...I can tell when I inspect it!!! Colour unimportant. Did any get made in the same snot colour as mine..Cricket Green Pearl?? Avant or Sedan, don't care really.

I am going to reduce the annual mileage my S2 slippermobile does to reduce insurance costs before it gets loony due to mods and averages of 19odd mpg is silly when driving with the daily 'rush' through traffic to work at about 40mph, stop start etc. I only drive 12 miles a day to commute but do about 18k miles a year altogether. It would also take the pressure off modifying if I am relying on it being available mon-fri every week. Being without it for 3 weeks due to a lack f functional ECU has driven me potty.

Anyone know of any going that are half decent? Budget not fixed but will pay the right money for the right one. I might go to an Auction in the next fortnight to see what going there too..not much of a concern if the appropriate assurances are undertaken by myself first.

Thanks in advance,

Lee
    1995 S2 Avant with some upgrades

Designun Limited....
    Aerospace, Space and Motorsport Design Consultancy and hardware supply.

Hi Lee, I have been looking for an 80 avant for about a month or so now, not in a major rush, just looking to upgrade the wifes K astra 1.7td hatch. To find a good 80 saloon or slipper tdi seems quite a hard job, I f I come across a saloon I shall inform you but if it's a slipper! FORGET IT!!!:nana:
    Just as we started looking, local rag did an article on the 80 saying it is one of the most reliable s/h cars out there!! *******s! now they are even harder to find!!!!
    Cheers
    Chris
    A6 Avant Tdi 110 because as the fuel prices keep going up I am so happy to be getting 649.8 miles to a tank of diesel!! (£50)

Comment

I know, good ones are hard to find. Saloon would be fine for me to just go to work and go shopping etc. I'll let you know if I see any Avants so long as I can find a late Sedan!!
      1995 S2 Avant with some upgrades

Designun Limited....
      Aerospace, Space and Motorsport Design Consultancy and hardware supply.

Comment

Put the injectors from a 110 on it and have it remapped. I think you can get somewhere around 135-140hp out of the 90 tdi that way?

Oh wait. That's sort of defeating the object isn't it. Think MPG and ignore the whole 'big injector' thing. Hehehe.

PJ
        'The Bacofoil Express'...

No more.

Leon TDI 150 run in now.

Very slow.

Needs a chip.

Comment

I too have been on the look out for a decent 100K 80. But probably a 2.0 Petrol model though - don't really fancy a second turbo'd motor really at the moment.....

Too true though - while they do seem to be cheap & pleantiful - finding a decent one is proving a challenge.......

Comment

Working...
          X