Transporting car Midlands to Glasgow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transporting car Midlands to Glasgow

Haven't a clue what section to post this under i'm afraid.
    I'm buying a shell off Sal (around Birmingham) and need to get it to Glasgow. I'm looking into hiring a flatbed with winch to drive down and get it. Or since it will be rolling I might be able to A frame it if I can borrow one. Just wondering if anyone is planning on passing this way and has the means to bring the car up for me (i'd be happy to pay)? Or if you can recommend someone (cheap) that would deliver it for me?

cheers
    Nj
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    1990 CQ20v
    2001 3.0 B6 A4 Avant Quattro Sport

I'll ask my mate in Brum who has a Landie and an A-Frame but I think he broke the Landie green laning the other week DOH

Comment

Transport.

Check ebay Classic Car section for price on professional transport, little bit over the top for a shell but then you've got a price, unless someone on here can help?
      Carlos.

On the look out for less bits for my s2 saloon project. Now supporting myself by shooting for my food. www.airgunforum.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Jamo View Post
        I'll ask my mate in Brum who has a Landie and an A-Frame but I think he broke the Landie green laning the other week DOH
        cheers mate. must take quite a bit of abuse to break one of those too eh? eek!
        1990 CQ20v

Comment

Originally posted by Flat on my back View Post
          Check ebay Classic Car section for price on professional transport, little bit over the top for a shell but then you've got a price, unless someone on here can help?
          cheers carlos, yeah i've had a nosey but was hoping i'd maybe find a cheaper way. like you say, it's only a shell so i could end up paying as much for delivery as for the shell itself.
          If it comes to the crunch i'll just need to do the big drive. hey - at least it's not in London.
          cheers
          1990 CQ20v

Comment

Originally posted by fourcircle View Post
            cheers mate. must take quite a bit of abuse to break one of those too eh? eek!
            Lol well I just found out the story, he was green laning and got stuck, he was outside the car hooking up the winch when his dog who was sat in the back jump foward and knocked it from park to drive!

Comment

haha. so his dog broke his Landie? that's great. not for him obviously. At least it wasn't a quality Audi sat in the high street. I wonder how the insurance would work for that? "hello, erm.. my dog wrote my car off." Maybe the dog would get 3 points?
              right.. i'll stop now.
              1990 CQ20v

Comment

Lucky for him it's not a write off, bust front calipers and axle and rear axle, front drivers side headlight is smashed and scatches all down the side

He's done the rear, still working on the front.

Lol his dog is a big rottie!

Comment

"bust front calipers and axle and rear axle" How the *beep* did it do that?
                  91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
                  93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
                  94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

Hit a tree at an angle apparently and then rolled down in a fence.

Comment

trying to chase a cat up said tree perhaps?

my threads always go off on randon tangents
                      1990 CQ20v

Comment

just spoke to a mate who delivers cars down south at times and he's trying to wangle a space on the flatbed for me on a return trip. woohoo!
                        1990 CQ20v

Comment

Working...
                        X