Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB: 6 speed gear box

Guy's and girl's
    Projects getting out of had and i pretty sure i am going to need a 6 speed box now.

Will i also require the subframe to boot?

Cheers James
    Chef

You'll be wanting the linkage, gear stick and ABY prop too.
    SS

Comment

Originally posted by 4WheelDrifter View Post
      You'll be wanting the linkage, gear stick and ABY prop too.
      Fantastic (thanks stu)

So any one got some goodies?
      Chef

Comment

You'll be wanting an EDU, DSY or RS2 box to be honest with "that" turbo your planning!

Comment

CBL trannies are good for at least 600 hp too. I have an UrS4 tranny with narrow 1:st gear. No problem what so over. it has run over 250000km
          2004 9-5 aero
          2009 Subaru Legacy Diesel
          1994 Toyota Supra Eurospec 6-spd LHD
          3-4 Audis in parts

Comment

Originally posted by Jamo View Post
            You'll be wanting an EDU, DSY or RS2 box to be honest with "that" turbo your planning!
            :mischeif:

Whats a good price to pay guys?

I saw one go for £300 but at the time i was not looking

Or should i just blow the 5spd up for fun?
            Chef

Comment

Originally posted by terrybullwon View Post
              :mischeif:

Whats a good price to pay guys?

I saw one go for £300 but at the time i was not looking

Or should i just blow the 5spd up for fun?
              Not sure but I think the last EDU went for IRO £500 on the forum. If you look around, and ask the right people, it could be had cheaper. I think getting it with the linkages is the tough part, people ask a packet for them!

Donate the 5-speeder to Tom's cause, he seems to get a kick out of destroying them. Though he's got bored and decided to start chewing up diff's now
              AUDI - saving Dad's from minivans since 1994

Comment

Maybe i will just stick for a while.....

Posted by Javad one MG, Brought to my attention by a devoted forum member

Hey guys, ok, so we finally grenaded the tranny, yay!!

And another...

Basically, Paul Lambert of Stasis told me this would happen, and he was exactly right.

Up until now, I've been driving the car with well over 500WHP on straight, flat, smooth roads and courses, including the drag strip.

The Staiss World Challenge cars (the older 12v cars) actually ran 80/90 quattro 01A transmissions, and they went through quite a few of them with about 350HP or so. When the failure would occur is when the loaded tires were quickly unloaded and reloaded again, like over a rise or bump in a road course. As soon as the car would load back up, BAM.

Well, same thing happened with Christian on the track, coming out of turn 7 at Thunderhill, under load, 4th gear, full boost, say 7krpm, BAM, OBLITERATED 4th gear, in fact, there is nothing there in 4th gear, you can just drop the shifter down into 4 with the engine running, NOTHING happens. I believe the front of the inside of the case is blown out as underneath the car there is no visual damage.

So, it appears we found the limit of the tranny, you can actually see the moment if failed in the following video right towards the end: http://www.034motorsport.com/gallery...-1/thill_2.wmv

So, the only other stronger tranny I know of is the 01E, I actually spoke to Randy Pobst about this over the weekend, he said the Champion cars ran a more or less off the shelf RS2 tranny, 600ft/lbs TQ, massive tires, HARD driven, he said not ONE tranny failure all season long, only that they would change the input shaft every 2 races as it would fatigue beyond that.

We'll be working with Stasis to put something together, they will likely pull apart a tranny for me, cryo everything and put it back together with a Motorsport diff and some other goodies, I'll keep ya posted, for the time being I may just throw another 01A in it as its help up really well on the street and strip.
                Chef

Comment

Working...
                X