Hello forum ... I need...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello forum ... I need...

Since this is my forst post, I welcome myself and I would like to ask some (probably) silly questions....

I bought an audi coupe quattro '91... could not afford to buy the S2 and still not have the money to do so...

My plan is to convert it to an S2...
    I want to start with the easy parts first... That would be interior and exterior for the time being.

I want to put the heated/leather interior (did they come with heated velour??)

Recarpet the whole thing as the boot is worst than my room after a movie with friends :wacked: :eek2: ops:

Change the front bumper and put the latest S2 headlights (the ones with the projectors)

Find the 16x7.5 6 spoke Avus wheels that it used to come with.

I know some difficulties will be there but I was wondering about some accesories also and if they can be fitted.
    Like the digital panel of the airconditioning (climate control) and the airconditioning itself, the heated seats as I said, the headlight washers, trip computer,

Has anybody done that before ?? :confused:
    Any indications of how much will it cost and any hints would be gratelly appreciated...

Thanx very much and I hope we meet in one of the meetings.....

-oo-

Hi VFR,

I have a 1990 coupe quattro 20V.

our cars have 4 studs on the hubs.

the AVUS wheels are 5 stud. I am fitting the wheels to mine. I have used the S2 hubs.

The carpets are the same as an audi 80/90 with either Procon 10 or not.

Look at your carpets and then match them.

The heated seats were an option and should be available with velour.

The DE headlamps only fit with the later bonnet ( you get a gap with the early grille). I don't know if the wiring plugs are the same?

climate control was an option and not just for the S2.

The bumper was the same as later cars apart from the washers.

I hope this helps.

David

Comment

Firstly welcome to the forum and good luck with the project.

headlight wise there is a set of projector type on ebay that i saw today for sale from germany.

Climate control wise wouldnt even bother, gonna be alot of hassle to fit it.

Greg
      Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Welcome m8

I have a set of the wheels u r after. 4 x wheels with brand new P6000's. give me a shout if u r interested.

Paul
        S4 2.7 Twin Turbo, with a few mods

Comment

Anyone got any hubs?

David

Comment

Welcom VFR!

If you're thinking about converting a coupe to an S2 (like I did) you MUST visit this site:

S2 conversion site

Good Luck!
            Ben
            Calgary, Alberta
            Canada
            1991 CQ e//S2 w/ RS2 spec 3B 20vt
            Panther Black Metallic
            www.moda-architecture.ca

Comment

Thank you guys, all info greatly appreciated....
              I will start by sorting up the electrics first since the previous owner was a complete strongo (pardon my Italian :mad: ) and everything is messed up...

Archiboy24, since you've done this , roughly what would be the cost of it?

Comment

Hi VFR, I noticed your current country is UK, where abouts are you? your personal details are blank.

If you are here it would probably be simpler to buy a crashed S2 and transfer the bits.

David

Comment

I am in Newcastle, North East... but can travel...
                  I am trying to find sth here but no luck so far.... any clues on prices for crashed S2's and places to find them ?? (except dark 'T' junctions... )

Comment

VFR,

Having done all of the work myself, I was able to save a bundle on labour costs. I haven't yet done a full total but it's around 7-8k US. That includes engine and refresher parts, new suspension, S2 hubs, new wheels and tires, S2 front bumper, S2 gauges and steering wheel, RS2 projector headlamps, and a host of miscelaneous items required to make it all work. I also managed to sell off all the left over parts I didn't need for about $3500.
                    Ben
                    Calgary, Alberta
                    Canada
                    1991 CQ e//S2 w/ RS2 spec 3B 20vt
                    Panther Black Metallic
                    www.moda-architecture.ca

Comment

Working...
                    X