Wanted! Heat Shield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted! Heat Shield

For a 3b, not sure if there's any diffrernce tho, if anyone has a spare that isnt crumbling away like mine

cheers guys

Paul
    Trick Pearl White 1992 3B S2 Coupe. Porsche 996 monoblock stopping power! HID Seeing power! Mmmmm Miltek!!!
    Trick Indigo Pearl B5 S4 Recaros, Bose , Mmmm Miltek!!!
    sigpic

take it this is the big one that goes underneath the exhaust system, mine's gone in the same place. You might be lucky and get one from a 20v. I've been keeping an eye out for one.

Comment

I have a spare but it might be spoken for. I'll find out and get back to you.

Comment

Lol was that the one I enquired about on monday

Comment

is it the one which goes round the ex manifold? I think you could fab one up quite easily (i need to do mine too ) OEM replacement is pricey, seem to remember £70+ for both parts
          sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

erm..............more like 120 when I last enquired and iirc that was for just the one part.

Comment

Yeah, Ant wants it too! I guess it's deffo spoken for then...

Comment

Originally posted by Acidburn View Post
                erm..............more like 120 when I last enquired and iirc that was for just the one part.

thats rediculous, was just thinking of wrapping the inlet pipe over the rocker in the rest of that wrap I bought, think its good for upto 1000degs
                sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

My inlet pipe is now chromed and that did help with the temps when I first fitted it.

Comment

Cheers guys. Mines mainly gone by the front of the engine. fell apart when I was replacing the rocker box gasket.

I did think about trying to patch it but after doing more damage trying to sort the split on the maff / turbo hose (cheers again David) I think its beyond that. Its so brittle now i dont know how the rest is holding together! Would defo make sense to make a replacment but I havnt got anything to fab one up with.

cheers

Paul
                    Trick Pearl White 1992 3B S2 Coupe. Porsche 996 monoblock stopping power! HID Seeing power! Mmmmm Miltek!!!
                    sigpic

Comment

this is what was left of mine
                      Attached Files
                      sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

lol yep, I think that would be mine too if I tried to take it off Been looking at some material off ebay - wonder how hard it would be to make one?

Paul
                        sigpic

Comment

I had the same problem with the UR and the shield is NLA for this. Found this stuff on ebay which is an exact match for the material audi made the part from and fabricated my own using the metal supports from the old shield.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/METAL-EXHAUST-...QQcmdZViewItem

Worked a treat!

Comment

Mine was strangly in very good condition, I gave it away with the airbox unfortunately otherwise it would still be up for grabs

Comment

Get some of that stuff kindly linked to by Mark above, and I'll copy it for you
                              2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.
                              2004 A4 Avant 1.8T quattro Sport-LE.
                              1995 S2 Coupe - sold (sniff)

Comment

Working...
                              X