Exhaust valves wanted!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust valves wanted!

Need a set of sodium filled exhaust valves please to drop in a 7A head!
    '93 S4 Avant now back on the road complete with new shiny go faster bits.

Do I take it I would be ill advised to use the standard 7A valves and what would be the likely outcome if I did?? I have no idea whether the ones I have are sodium filled or not. Does anyone know how much new exhaust valves cost?
    '93 S4 Avant now back on the road complete with new shiny go faster bits.

Comment

From what I understand Sodium filled valves aren't that much better than standard really. But I guess that manufacturers fitted them for a reason, perhaps reliabilty in extreme conditiosn? Pays ya money takes ya choice and all that...

As for getting a set you might have to buy a complete head as I doubt that anyone will want to split them out... unless Terrybullwon or someone doing a silly project has replaceed them with lighter and / or larger items.
      Cheers'en, AndyC
      1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Just so happens i have a set or two....

Sodium filled valves are on all the 20vt heads the soduim melts at something like 109degs and acts as a salt shaker to disperse the heat more quickly

They are about £15+ vat for vag parts or PM if you want some 2nd hand ones

Last edited by terrybullwon; 10 July 2008, 19:14.
        Chef

Comment

I have a brand new set of valves i bought from vagparts, there are not original Audi items but made by Febi. No idea if they are sodium filled but they were bought for an ABY engine. I paid £97 for the ten of them, open to offers.

Mark.
          91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
          93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
          94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

Febi are more than likely OE suppliers anyway...
            Cheers'en, AndyC
            1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Yeah I think Andy is right Febi do a few OEM parts for these cars.
              91 S2 coupé - RIP
              98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

Working...
              X