Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wanted - Drivers side mirror - Vandals!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted - Drivers side mirror - Vandals!!

Hello All,

I don't post much here but so read a lot (mainly due to me not having an S2, just the hairdressers favorite 80 variant, the cab! )

Anyways, I work as a DJ at nightclub in Belfast, and upon returning to the car on Sat night at about 5am I discovered that someone had decided to play a bit of football with my one of my wing mirrors . Now I'm not going to go off on a rant about mindless scumbags, I already did that at the missus.. Needless to say, a case of good old Belfast justice would not go amiss :mischeif:.

So to get to the point - I need a new wing mirror, drivers side. The glass in the old one is intact, the clips on the back of it seem ok, but the motor it clips into seems to have had it - it just hangs loose with the glass firmly attached!. I don't know if its available on its own. Probably less hassle to just replace the lot, at least its really easy to get the mirror off the car!

On another note - the mirror itself doesn't seem to be sitting as flush with the car (esp at the bottom of the mount) since this episode. I've taken it off and re-fitted it several times today and just can't seem to get it to line up as nice as the passenger (never-assualted) side. - Is it possible that the bracketry (?) inside the door has bent, moved, shifted a bit? Hard to tell at the min but I can post up a few pictures if that helps!

Apologies for the long windedness, I never could get the hang of being brief!

Cheers!

D

if you could get some pictures up that would be good, what colour are you after?

Comment

get some pics up mate,
      Also get the colour code of your car, ive got the mirrors off my cab in the garage as im changing them and it looks the same same colour.
      Lc5u iirc. Indigo blue pearl
      Gav
      S2 Cabriolet.........

Comment

I could sort you out with a drivers side mirror without glass in indigo blue too.
        Send pm.

Matt.
        Ex owner of a 1993 Silver Avant - RS2 spec.
        2002 A8 sport 2.8 quattro Sold
        2003 A6 Avant Tdi
        Mk Indy 2.0 pinto circa 160 Bhp
        2004 VW Caddy SDi
        2002 Civic Type R

Comment

If the other offers fall through, then i have a driver mirror (complete minus glass) but unfortunately its in emerald green.
          Black B3 1990 CQ 2.3E converted to ABY & 6spd. (301bhp) - Now Sold
          03 Dolphin B6 S4 Avant LPG - New Daily Wagon
          01 Silver D2 A8 3.7 quattro sport - SOLD

"Difficult is worth doing"

Comment

Wow, thats some serious offers of help there alright. I always knew everyone on here was a friendly bunch but thats just insane!

Think you might be right about the paint, I'll check my code when I get home later and
            I'll get a few pics up here asap.

Again, Thanks to all concerned.

D

Comment

Apologies for taking a bit to get back - I tried to take a few pictures earlier but the camera is playing up. I've a mate calling round later on with another, I'll get them up asap.

My paint code is LZ5T (called Blue Pearl Effect, I think), although I'm pretty happy to take any intact mirror to be honest!

Thanks for the offers again, once I get the pics up everyone can have a look at the funny stance and I can decide where to go from there. I'm gonna need a new mirror regardless..!

D

Comment

Right posted up a few pictures in a gallery. They can be found here - LINK

I don't usually let things get that dirty, I do have a bit of OCD as you can see from some of the other photos

So yeah, as you'll see, it looks like the motor inside is busted - Is this swapable from a working mirror so I can re-use my existing case and glass? (Glass is completely fine, dunno how that is even possible given the bash it must have took)

If this is possible, I'll get right on the PMs on a first offered, first accepted basis , i'd just need a working mirror then and sort out the fit on the door, that would be sweet!

Thanks

D

Comment

i ve a pair with motors in green from a v6 coupe i broke ages ago, cluttering up the garage space
                  offers over £10 for the pair with postage on top

Comment

I have one too but I think you have enough mirrors now to put your salon to shame!
                    1994 Audi S2 Avant - in pieces
                    2006 Skoda Octavia vRS 2.0TFSi - goes fast
                    1985 Audi 90 quattro - is wet

Don't forget the East Midlands Meet -Last Tuesday of every month at 7:30pm just off M1 J28!![/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                    X