Bottom Pulley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bottom Pulley

Hi I'm after the bottom pulley on the ABY engine. It carries the fan belt and the power steering belt (I think).
    Mark

Race Clio RS197

S2 Coupe ABY (Green) - RIP
    S2 Coupe ABY (Blue) - Sold

Hi, I take it no-one has one !!
    Mark

Race Clio RS197

Comment

you could try VAGPARTS or Ben at Audi who can supply you a new one.

Otherwise get in touch with www.allaudi.co.uk they usually have an S2 in for breaking and im sure they will have one knocking about.

Greg
      Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

How similar are they to other I5's because I have no end for 10v turbo's.
        Corey
        01636 822288

Comment

Originally posted by Greg_S
          you could try VAGPARTS or Ben at Audi who can supply you a new one.

Otherwise get in touch with www.allaudi.co.uk they usually have an S2 in for breaking and im sure they will have one knocking about.

Greg
          Hi, I bought the car from Allaudi so I know they don't have one, and I've emailed Martynf a couple of times but I take it he's away for the weekend.
          Mark

Race Clio RS197

Comment

there is also a company called audi only and a few breakers on the net you could try, will see if i still have the link in my comp.

Greg
            Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

4 Ring Spares, near Doncaster. 01405 816661
              Corey
              01636 822288

Comment

Originally posted by Greg_S
                there is also a company called audi only and a few breakers on the net you could try, will see if i still have the link in my comp.

Greg
                Thanks that would be appreciated. The noise is doing my head in now.WD40 only curbs the noise for 5 mins.ha.
                Mark

Race Clio RS197

Comment

Is the bottom pulley vibrating? I had mine replaced because it was banged when it was crashed (before I got it) but it didn't shut the belt up.

On mine it was the adjuster for the alternator belt that was jumping teeth. Fitted a new adjuster along with all the proper bolts and the noise went.

The pulley is well beyond the £300 mark and I couldn't get you one much cheaper. VAGParts may be able to better but it's still not cheap.

Ben
                  Last edited by s2avant; 1 June 2004, 07:54.
                  the best intentions are fraught with disappointment - gil grissom

sigpic
                  1994 ABY Avant - it's getting there

Comment

I may have my old one from my 3b still, dunno if its the same as aby though. the damper was cracked (the toothed 'cog' which bolts onto the pulley) but should be able to swap yours onto it.

martin

Comment

Originally posted by s2avant
                      IS the bottom pulley vibrating? I ahd mine replaced because it was banged when it was crashed (before I got it) but it didn't shut the belt up.

On mine it was the adjuster for the alternator belt that was jumping teeth. Fitted a new adjuster along with all the proper bolts and the noise went.

The pulley is well beyond the £300 mark and I couldn't get you one much cheaper. VAGParts may be able to better but it's still not cheap.

Ben
                      Yes it's def. the pulley. Looks like it's has a gentle knock at the front end. The pulley sits against the engine correctly but when it's running you can see it's buckled and then the fan belt catches the edge of the pulley.Hence the squeeling
                      Mark

Race Clio RS197

Comment

if the one you want is part no. 054 105 255E i got one and it didn't cost me much from audi. i think it was around 60quid.
                        keep meaning to fit it cus mine wobbles aswell and hits the cooler
                        plus one very out of shape psp pully
                        Simon.
                        S.P.S. TUNING
                        '93 ABY S2.... sold
                        me thinks RR URQ next :mischeif:

Comment

The ABY and 3B pulleys are totally different. I'm not sure if it's the case for all ABY's but the pulley I have from Mark H's uses a ribbed belt for the alternator, while the 3B uses a 'v' belt. The ABY pulley feels like it weighs twice as much too.
                          91 Modded 3B
                          14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

Working...
                          X