Wanted. S2 MAF and some advice!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted. S2 MAF and some advice!

Can anyone help? I am in need of an S2 or better still RS2 MAF and air box.

I am still trying to get my S2 with RS2 spec up to power. It was for sale a few months back but i had it rolling roaded for the buyer only to discover that the power was not as good as i thought. The ECU has since been to Paul Nugent for a tweak but the car is still it is not as quick as it should be. I do not want to sell the car now until i have seen what it is capable of. He suggested trying the MAF and on closer inspection it has a small crack near the top above the sensor wires, could this be the problem?

The air filter was not helping things either as it was in poor condition and needs replacing, i hear RS2 air boxes are the way to go? Anyone got one for sale?

Any help, advice, or spare parts for sale would be greatly appreciated!

Stewart.

Decide what power level you want and build the car to that level. Best compromise between power, cost and reliability is RS2 remapped spec.

I've taken the front off the S2 airbox and it works fine with the bigger hole, not to everyones taste but there we go - search "ABY airbox bodge".

As for low power figures, always boost leaks... bet the AFRs were a bit off (<10:1). Get a test kit from AndyP and do the whole system including breather and vacuum lines.

Get new plugs if they've not been touched, I'm a little excessive and change them every 10k.

Decent XW50 fully synthetic oil and a new oil and air filters next.

Replace thevacuum lines with silicon stuff, use small cable ties to seal the unions a treat

Samco inlet hoses (MAF to turbo one is the most important IMO).

3" turbo back exhaust if you're feeling flush (£1k).

Get some/all that done and a Homefried ABY should do over 270bhp in completely stock form (HPMuirt), 280-290 bhp with a decent exhaust and 290-300 with inlet and exhaust mods. All assuming good fuel (Tesco 99 / V Power / Esso Supreme). Torque should be 310-330ftlbs.
    Cheers'en, AndyC
    1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Hi Stewart,

Sorry to hear you haven't sorted the car yet, I've since bought an s2 and have been thinking of putting an RS2 MAF and Airbox on it. They seem to be quite scarce though, missed a couple of Airboxes on german ebay the other week. I've had a quote from emissioncontrols.co.uk who can provide a genuine Bosch RS2 MAF for £261.95 inc p&p with £70 refundable if an old RS2 MAF is traded in. I asked about a group buy and the guy there said that a group buy discount could be available, I'll email him back and find out exactly how much and post results.

Good luck with getting it sorted.

Comment

RS2 MAF should be in the £120 region and a new 'box about £250. If the MAF works then it's unlikely to need more than a clean.
        Cheers'en, AndyC
        1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Mr Fowler is on zee homebrew RS2 spec - it had a slightly weird setup before which looked like the WG spring had been swapped out, but its still not boosting right. I think its a bad MAF, but could be TPS as well. Darn cars - complicated !
          Paul Nugent
          Webmaster http://S2central.net
          Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
          2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
          2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Working...
          X