Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• front seat belts in black for coupe

Hi,
    I need the black front seat belts from a coupe. I want the ones without the "ten" cables that run to the engine compartment. If anyone has a set let me know.

I am looking for seatbelt 1A in the picture below. Not seatbelt 2a.

Thank you,
    Greg
    They can have my car when they pry my cold dead fingers from the steering wheel.

anyone?
    They can have my car when they pry my cold dead fingers from the steering wheel.

Comment

Originally posted by 90quattrocoupe
      anyone?
      Greg, What's dealer price?

David

Comment

Do you need pyrotechnic seatbelts or standard ones? I'm assuming your in the states and I don't know the laws in your part of the world (aside from the bumper problems you guys have).

1A in your diagram is a pyrotechnic seatbelt (has a small explosive to pull the seatbelt when you crash). I would imagine you'll have trouble getting these shipped in to the US as they are in effect bombs.

They did fit non pyrotechnic normal seatbelts in Coupes built between 11/88-7/91. You'll struggle to find any of these in the UK but some of our european cousins might be able to help.

To be honest I wouldn't trust secondhand seatbelts. You can't guarantee they'll work when you need them most.

I'll give you the part numbers for both types. Maybe your local stealer can get them for you.

Non-pyro:

Left 895 857 705 B41
        Right 895 857 706 B41

Pyro:

Left (LHD) 895 857 705 BG V04
        Right (LHD) 895 857 706 BF V04

Left (RHD) 895 857 705 BF V04
        Right (RHD) 895 857 706 BG V04

The pyro versions are handed as the passenger side one has a 'child seat retaining device'. I assume this is to stop the seatbelt pulling in all the way if there is a child seat in place.

HTH

Ben
        the best intentions are fraught with disappointment - gil grissom

sigpic
        1994 ABY Avant - it's getting there

Comment

Originally posted by Stick Insect
          Greg, What's dealer price?

David
          David,
          Unfortunately, the pyro belts did not come on the coupe til 94-95, so not available in the states.

Greg

Originally posted by s2avant
          Do you need pyrotechnic seatbelts or standard ones? I'm assuming your in the states and I don't know the laws in your part of the world (aside from the bumper problems you guys have).

1A in your diagram is a pyrotechnic seatbelt (has a small explosive to pull the seatbelt when you crash). I would imagine you'll have trouble getting these shipped in to the US as they are in effect bombs.

They did fit non pyrotechnic normal seatbelts in Coupes built between 11/88-7/91. You'll struggle to find any of these in the UK but some of our european cousins might be able to help.

To be honest I wouldn't trust secondhand seatbelts. You can't guarantee they'll work when you need them most.

I'll give you the part numbers for both types. Maybe your local stealer can get them for you.

Non-pyro:

Left 895 857 705 B41
          Right 895 857 706 B41

Pyro:

Left (LHD) 895 857 705 BG V04
          Right (LHD) 895 857 706 BF V04

Left (RHD) 895 857 705 BF V04
          Right (RHD) 895 857 706 BG V04

The pyro versions are handed as the passenger side one has a 'child seat retaining device'. I assume this is to stop the seatbelt pulling in all the way if there is a child seat in place.

HTH

Ben
          Ben,
          Thanks for all the info. Unfortunately, I don't speak or read or write German. I know the pyros did not come into the coupe until 94-95, so I cannot order them from the states.

The reason I am looking into these is that when I put a 6 speed in my coupe, I had to trim the cable mount in the engine compartment for the "ten" seat belts. I don't know if they will still work or not. So I was going to try and land a set of the pyros.

The later Audi cars like the S6 have the pyros. I would have used a set out of these, but unfortunely the seat belt on the coupe is attached to that rail on the outside of the seat. No other car has this, so I cannot use other model seat belts.

Maybe Vagparts would order and ship a new set for me. I will have to try them.

Greg

Comment

Even though they are not officially available in the US it may be worth getting a dealer to try the numbers to see if they are recognised. There a lot of German and US specific numbers that are recognised on our UK systems. Just a thought.

If not, Martyn at VAGParts will be able to get them, it's just a matter of getting them to you as customs might have a thing or two to say if one goes off in transit!!!

If you still have no joy then try and find out what the situation is with regard to pyro seatbelts coming into the US. The dealer I work for isn't geared up for internet sales/overseas shipping (although it's something I'm working on at the moment) but I know a company that ships airbags and seatbelts around the world. They won't be as cheap as VAGParts though as I would have to sell them to this company and you would have to pay this company for them.

I don't want to sound unhelpful but this would be a last resort as it would take some serious string pulling my end.

Ben
            the best intentions are fraught with disappointment - gil grissom

sigpic
            1994 ABY Avant - it's getting there

Comment

Originally posted by s2avant
              Even though they are not officially available in the US it may be worth getting a dealer to try the numbers to see if they are recognised. There a lot of German and US specific numbers that are recognised on our UK systems. Just a thought.

If not, Martyn at VAGParts will be able to get them, it's just a matter of getting them to you as customs might have a thing or two to say if one goes off in transit!!!

If you still have no joy then try and find out what the situation is with regard to pyro seatbelts coming into the US. The dealer I work for isn't geared up for internet sales/overseas shipping (although it's something I'm working on at the moment) but I know a company that ships airbags and seatbelts around the world. They won't be as cheap as VAGParts though as I would have to sell them to this company and you would have to pay this company for them.

I don't want to sound unhelpful but this would be a last resort as it would take some serious string pulling my end.

Ben
              Ben,
              Thank you for being so generous. I may take you up on it.

I tried the dealer. I have been buying parts from this dealer for over 20 years, know the parts guys by name and get their discount. But alas, they have to buy through the VAG/USA family album, and it shows as not a valid part numbers. Sometimes I hate owning an Audi in the States.

Before I take you up on your offer, I am going to try to source a pair of Cabrio belts. They are all pryos here in the state. They attach a little differently at the top, but attach the same at the seat. I can remove the stitching at the seat and change the upper mount to the coupe and then have the seat mounting restitched.

Then I will try VAGparts. If all else fails, I may take you up on the offer.

Greg

Comment

Working...
              X