No announcement yet.

Used rack - any condition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

20v one will do just fine mate, was interested to compare the UR one too if thats still available mate?
    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

i'll keep both to one side for you then

Comment

legendary, thanks mate
        Indigo ABY coupé
        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
          James i sent it to 3 companies to look at manufacturing a quick rack kit, all of them declined. 2 (including Quaife) said they didn't have the tooling required to do the job. The third said that it would be hugely expensive due to the complexity of the rotary valve / pinion shaft. So i never went anywhere with it. Still got the rack and pinion here if anyone wants it to try other leads out.
          I was looking into a steering multiplier / quickener but decided it was unneccessary on the road.
          Something like that would be pretty easy to add to your custom steering column set-up i recon James. If you used a 3 turn rack and a 1.5:1 multiplier you'd have a 2 turn rack without too much hassle

What a pity as it is a great idea.

While I know 034's rack is a LHD, is it any improvement over a LHD ABY, or is it just a factory LHD ABY rack for the lads over there that can't get a LHD ABY handy from Europe?

Thanks for your efforts on behalf of the rest of us with Quaife and the other potential suppliers.

Kind regards.

Comment

I have a spare 3b rack in the garage as well for further comparison if needed?
            Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
            Sold ABY-stock

Comment

David, this is by no means over yet
              I am talking to someone who will be able to build a quick rack - no question. The issue really is ratios and ultimately price which is what I am looking at with them
              Indigo ABY coupé
              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Working...
              X