wanted: 3b, ADU, ABY, AAN, 7A crankshaft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wanted: 3b, ADU, ABY, AAN, 7A crankshaft

If someone has 3b, ADU, ABY, AAN or 7A crankshaft available then please let me know cause I need one.

Originally posted by kaaperdaja
    If someone has 3b, ADU, ABY, AAN or 7A crankshaft available then please let me know cause I need one.
    You could get a 2.5TDI VW transporter engine and make a big capacity engine or call:

http://www.tots.ch/

HTH

David

Comment

I think ordinary 10v (KV & NG) has same cranckshaft. Should be easier to find

Cheers,
      Roger

Comment

The same crank (034 105 101 S) is used in the following Audi engines:

KV, NG, 7A, RR, 3B, ABY, ADU

KU, KZ, HX, NF, PX, HY, KX, JT

AAR, AAN

and these VW engines (passat):

HY, KV, KX, JT

HTH,

Ben
        the best intentions are fraught with disappointment - gil grissom

sigpic
        1994 ABY Avant - it's getting there

Comment

Reimo,

be carefull when buying a used crankshaft. Being a longitudinal mounted engine, the 5er has front pulley in a very critical position. Any front impact will have great possibilityes to hit the pulley causing the protruding tip of the crankshaft to get bent.
          I discovered all of the engines I've found out of crashed cars had this problem (2 RS2 and 1 S2).

Don't know how to help you on this but IMHO you should buy a used one only from reliable sources.

Marco

Comment

Thank you for your advises. I think I found a used one from here (3B engine) and it has not been crashed.
            It's from urquattro project car that was mounted with 3B engine (done 350k km) and Garrett turbo. After the first test run the result was 2 bended conrods and broken engine block. The boost on that one was very high (probably 2,5) and that turbo hold it throughout the rev range. It seems that conrods with high milage doesn't stand much stress.

I will also replace the conrods and put S4 ones. Does anyone know the difference between S2 and S4 conrods (compression ratio).

Comment

Thank you for your advises. I think I found a used one from here (3B engine) and it has not been crashed.
              It's from urquattro project car that was mounted with 3B engine (done 350k km) and Garrett turbo. After the first test run the result was 2 bended conrods and broken engine block. The boost on that one was very high (probably 2,5) and that turbo hold it throughout the rev range. It seems that conrods with high milage doesn't stand much stress.

I will also replace the conrods and put S4 ones. Does anyone know the difference between S2 and S4 conrods (compression ratio).
              Kaaperdaja, I would get the crank checked for straightness. If the engine is scrap the crankshaft could have been bent when it let go.

I am not an expert but I feel the con rods would be the same but the pistons would be changed to change the compression ratio. Both engines are the same capacity and have similar power levels. I feel they are all the same.

David

Comment

AAN S4 has the same conrods and pistons as the 3B/ABY engine.

Ben
                the best intentions are fraught with disappointment - gil grissom

sigpic
                1994 ABY Avant - it's getting there

Comment

Hi

Re your message about the different types of engine that use the same crank!

I have a 3b with a damaged key way and a damaged journal; have decide to change I and have a second hand crank ground, is it ok to use any of the cranks from any of the engines your have speced. Found the damaged crank after stripping engine; had loud knocking noise which turned out to be big ends damaged on number five - think it was due to sticking return value on oil pump.

So need a bottom end but looking for crank first but need to be sure what crank first, a new one will cost a bomb.

Also looking for dizzy, my is very lose/worn and according to its part number is wrong unit (audi say it comes from a 1985 non turbo coupe)

Any one in suffolk area with cheap parts mail back

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X