Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S2 info

Hi,

I'm new to these boards but unfortunatly dont have an S2, I just have a love for the S2 and the RS2 it would love to eventually own one when I have the money.

For starters I was wondering whether or not mileage is a big issue when owning an S2, at the moment im running a 2.0 coupe at 145K and it never misses a beat, but with a turbo are matters different? I guess any previous owner of my coupe would be less inclined to put their foot down and hammer it compared to the likes of an S2 which has much more power which may cause alot more wear on an S2 engine.

I hope you guys dont mind me hanging around on here whilst I dont actually own an S2.

Mileage is not an issue if the car has been looked after. If it has service history (dealer or otherwise) and it looks like its been cared for, then it'll probably be OK. Regular oil changes, and stacks of bills are what to look for. I'd rather have a car with 100s of old bills and no dealer stamps than 10 stamps in a book and nothing else.
    My car has done around 140K miles. There are many others that have done a lot more. and are still going strong.
    Keep on saving and get yourself one ASAP. Prices are going up at the moment.
    ex '93 Avant owner

Comment

i had a 2.3 20v with 168k on the clock which was running so well it ended up in a wall, and still ran after and is now still running round in another car truely indistructable!

Comment

Thanks for the tips guys. Prices are going up? d'oh

Well it would be nice to own one, and I wouldnt take anything less than full service history with all the bills to prove it. It took me ages to find this coupe with all the history and bills needed, it was worth the wait though. Now I just require something with a little more poke.

Also I have been considering a 2.3 20V recently, is it possible to modify these to get similar performance?

Comment

well mine started life as 2.3 20v coupe quattro standard everything, to date i have done the following mods,
          18" rims
          30mm lowering springs
          Soild sub frame bushes
          Custom top mounts
          Polyurathane wish bone bushes
          leather interior
          3B engine conversion
          304mm drilled front discs with brembo 4pots
          drilled rear discs
          QRSport Chip
          3Bar map sensor
          big cone filter
          piston recirculating valve
          3"stainless exhaust
          bull nose bonnet
          White dials
          trip computer
          silver interior pannels (instead of wood)
          tinted rear lights
          body coloured sills
          polished engine bay
          ................................and i havent finnished it yet!

Comment

Working...
          X