WTD: S2 / RS2 Intercooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTD: S2 / RS2 Intercooler

After a leak finding session with Paul, it turns out my intercooler has a whopping great airleak in it somewhere. SO if anyone has an ABY intercooler for sale please let me know. I'd consider an RS2 IC but i'd rather not get into any welding!
    Tim

1995 S2 Avant, ruby red - ** SOLD TO ROSS **
    Golf Rallye G60 ** SOLD **
    Golf MK2 Oaky with R32 engine
    Audi A6 Avant 1.9 TDi 130
    Golf MK2 8v Race car

Spotted one for sale on vwmonline not sure if its sold or not might worth enquiring, doesnt say whether its for an ABY or not though
    pg block rebored to 83 mm so 1900 crankshaft fitted with new shellsandbolts just need torqueing£100 82.5mm pistons and rods need rings shells out of 2litre £40 ecu with sns chip £80 g60 head with piper285cam£100 audi s2 intercooler front mount fits easy in mk1£50 rallye outlet£40 4 branch volkspeed manifold with labda probe 4 g60 into mk1£100 g60 loom from mk1 conversion£40 2y 16valve g/box with mk1 levers fitted£50 pair of new genuine vag mk1 wingsoffers crystal rears for mk1£50 crystal headlights for mk1£50 poly bush kit for mk1 including new wishbones£60 smoothed rear hatch for mk1 in primer£40 offers on above
    IC For Sale

Comment

Originally posted by si_hill
      Spotted one for sale on vwmonline not sure if its sold or not might worth enquiring, doesnt say whether its for an ABY or not though

IC For Sale
      Thanks for that, i have emailed him. is there a difference between ABY and 3b versions?
      Tim

1995 S2 Avant, ruby red - ** SOLD TO ROSS **
      Golf Rallye G60 ** SOLD **
      Golf MK2 Oaky with R32 engine
      Audi A6 Avant 1.9 TDi 130
      Golf MK2 8v Race car

Comment

yeah the ABY is larger than the 3B and the mounting points on one end are different between the 3B and ABY

Greg
        Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Originally posted by s2avant95M
          Thanks for that, i have emailed him. is there a difference between ABY and 3b versions?
          Tim - yes there are differences as Greg points out, but you should really try and find an RS2 one. A simple mounting bracket could be made with mild steel or alloy plate - extending the mounting points on the left side (looking at the bumper) to cater for the larger RS2 item. Thats what I would do anyhoo...

Paul
          Paul Nugent
          Webmaster http://S2central.net
          Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
          2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
          2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

you have mail
            DAVIDP20V - 95' Polar Silver RS2 standard 315 bhp, forge diverter valve, Mark H mod and boost gauge..... and shes for sale.

Comment

Working...
            X