Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20v turbo crank needed

Hi All,
    I have been a keen browser on this site for some time but am now in desperate need of help.
    I have an Audi 90 quattro (1985) with a 20v turbo convonersion with the car developing some 400bhp.
    At GTI International this year, having achieved a 0-60 in 4.79 and 13.28 quarter, I seized the engine .
    I am trying to rebuild this engine but am having difficulty locating a crankshaft for this engine. The numbers on it are:
    DERST1
    12481B
    Can anybody please help me?
    Please get in touch as soon as possible.
    Many thanks
    Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
    20v turbo conversion

sigpic

No fear, the crank is the same as your original KV engine. Other compatibles are:

2,226cc KU - Audi 100 / 200, 1987 - 1990, 86.4mm
    2,309cc NF - Audi 100 / 200, 1989 - 1991, 86.4mm
    2,309cc NG - Audi 80 / 90 / Coupe / Cabriolet, 1989 - 1992, 86.4mm
    2,309cc 7A - Audi 90 / Coupe, 1989 - 1991, 86.4mm.

The breakers are full of dead examples of these cars, especially Audi 100 models. The 1985 - 1986 Audi 90 / 100 cranks are different, as the oil pump drive on the nose has only 2 lugs as opposed to the later ones which have 4. They do fit, though. The early pre - hydraulic tappet (2,144cc) cranks also have the same stroke dimensions, but I would leave those alone. They are too old to be considered likely candidates.

Happy hunting, hope you get your engine sorted soon.

Siena

Comment

Originally posted by jogi730
      Hi All,
      I have been a keen browser on this site for some time but am now in desperate need of help.
      I have an Audi 90 quattro (1985) with a 20v turbo convonersion with the car developing some 400bhp.
      At GTI International this year, having achieved a 0-60 in 4.79 and 13.28 quarter, I seized the engine .
      I am trying to rebuild this engine but am having difficulty locating a crankshaft for this engine. The numbers on it are:
      DERST1
      12481B
      Can anybody please help me?
      Please get in touch as soon as possible.
      Many thanks

Impressive stats mate, have you got any pics of your baby?
      Can i ask how your engine seized?

Comment

Originally posted by Jamo
        Impressive stats mate, have you got any pics of your baby?
        Can i ask how your engine seized?
        Engine apparently seized as oil stat housing broke up and ended up blocking feed to oil cooler. Back pressure caused oil feed pipe to come off. This all happened during one of sprints so only few seconds for all of the oil to piss out.

http://www.autometrix.co.uk/GTIInter...gallery_12.jpg
        Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
        20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

0-60 in 4.7 secs in an Audi 90...I can just imagine the faces of some porsche and beemer drivers as you launch that at the lights :LOL: awesome. Hope you get it fixed soon!
          David
          sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by s2driveruk
            0-60 in 4.7 secs in an Audi 90...I can just imagine the faces of some porsche and beemer drivers as you launch that at the lights :LOL: awesome. Hope you get it fixed soon!
            David
            Looking at the picture, LAUNCH is very appropriate! It looks like its about to go airborne! Nice sleeper motor.
            ex '93 Avant owner

Comment

That is one of my favourite Audi shapes, fantastic car hope you get it all back up and running soon

Comment

As Siena says you should have no problem with this crank. It is easier to say what 5 cylinder Audi does NOT use this crank!!

A few more cars it was also fitted to:
                Ku and 3B engined Audi 200
                The UR S4 and also the 2.3 AAR engine Audi A6
                The RR engine Quattro
                And here's a weirdo for you, the 5 cyl VW Passat from 85 to 88.

Hope you fix her soon, that's a real sweet car! I could always get yo a brand new one for £450+vat :-O
                Martyn
                -------------------------------------

www.vagparts.com

Comment

Hi all,
                  It is nice to be on a forum where everyone is so helpful so thank you to all. I have managed to trace a couple of cranks but apparently the are differences. The one from my engine has big end journals of 48mm whereas the others have only 46mm. This is what is the problem. Unfortunately I have no tech knowledge at all (I only drive it - and break it) so am only going on what my mechanic at Ashford Motorsport is telling me, but am doing all I can to get car up and running ASAP
                  Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
                  20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

hi jogi 730
                    i have a s2 3b complete engine also i have a normally aspirated bottom end including the crank let me know if you are intrested .bye

Comment

I was alongside you a couple of times up the strip was well shcked by that car!! Hope you get it sorted ready for next year. You may have some more competition! LOL. I was the young looking 'kid' in the green S2 coupe
                      sigpic
                      Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
                      Audi UR Quattro
                      Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
                      Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
                      Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Originally posted by audiman
                        I was alongside you a couple of times up the strip was well shcked by that car!! Hope you get it sorted ready for next year. You may have some more competition! LOL. I was the young looking 'kid' in the green S2 coupe
                        Hey Tom,
                        Yours can't be standard either.... what's been done to yours?
                        Chris
                        Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
                        20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

good news is I think I have found what I am looking for and will be picking it up on Saturday. Thank you to all.
                          Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
                          20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jogi730
                            Engine apparently seized as oil stat housing broke up and ended up blocking feed to oil cooler. Back pressure caused oil feed pipe to come off. This all happened during one of sprints so only few seconds for all of the oil to piss out.

http://www.autometrix.co.uk/GTIInter...gallery_12.jpg
                            I would like to see more pics of your car, do you have any?
                            Kenneth
                            1990 Coupe quattro
                            1991 200q20v x 2
                            1985 4ksq 20vt project
                            1986 Coupe GT 10vt project
                            2006 Honda Ridgeline
                            1998 Honda VFR800FI

Comment

Working...
                            X