Wanted:Hall sensor or mount.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted:Hall sensor or mount.

Looking for AAN Hall sensor or just the mount.
    800HP 800++Nm

I go with distributor.
    800HP 800++Nm

Comment

Replacement of a 7A, 3B or AAN tuna can Hall Sender

Originally posted by |CL|NIKI View Post
      I go with distributor.
      Wow. That was a big time gap between posts. So you stayed with the 3B Hall Sender in a conversion to coil-on-plug coil packs? Or you just had the AAN tuna can Hall sender. Either way, if you ever need to replace the Hall Sender in the distributor, you can use this DIY:

http://12v.org/urs/ReplacementOfTheH...istributor.pdf
      RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
      94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
        Wow. That was a big time gap between posts. So you stayed with the 3B Hall Sender in a conversion to coil-on-plug coil packs? Or you just had the AAN tuna can Hall sender. Either way, if you ever need to replace the Hall Sender in the distributor, you can use this DIY:

http://12v.org/urs/ReplacementOfTheH...istributor.pdf
        Yes man,
        I had to remove the original sensor from AAN head because I put a adjustable pulley. Just moved Hall sensor back on the head in a distributor - remove the cap and just put the distributor from NM for example . I use ordinary Hall sensors from Audi 80 for example - they are cheap. Just unmount them and again mount them where I need - in distributor.
        800HP 800++Nm

Comment

I had to remove the original sensor from AAN head because I put a adjustable pulley. Just moved Hall sensor back on the head in a distributor - remove the cap and just put the distributor from NM for example . I use ordinary Hall sensors from Audi 80 for example - they are cheap. Just unmount them and again mount them where I need - in distributor.
          Then you must have changed the intake cam as well (to one with the distributor gear on the end). Like these ones (AAN on the right, 3B on the left):

Photo courtesy of Jari Aalto.

Comment

My cams was without cam gear - they was original AAN's. I just take the gear from the NM cams...
            Please the admins to move the thread if they think its necessary.
            800HP 800++Nm

Comment

My cams was without cam gear - they was original AAN's. I just take the gear from the NM cams. Please the admins to move the thread if they think its necessary.
              Let's not kill this thread yet. I am curious how you added the NM distributor drive gear to the rear end AAN intake cam. What can you tell us (me) about this?

Comment

Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
                Let's not kill this thread yet. I am curious how you added the NM distributor drive gear to the rear end AAN intake cam. What can you tell us (me) about this?
                I just heated it a little bit, take it off of the cam with bracket for bearings extraction, heated it again for distention and knock it till was hot to the AAN cam.
                800HP 800++Nm

Comment

I just heated it a little bit, take it off of the cam with bracket for bearings extraction, heated it again for distention and knock it till was hot to the AAN cam.
                  Okay, I think I follow what you are saying. How do you know that you have the gear in the correct position, rotationally? Is there a key-way and key on the gear? Or do you just take out the minor rotational issue at the distributor, rotating the distributor body until the Hall Sender shutter is in the correct position, relative to the Hall sender?

Comment

I just put it like that. There is no sign or something to be followed. After that You can adjust it from the distributor body - first, with the teeth of gear - when first cylinder is at TDC, the window need to be about around to hall sensor.. Than precisely move the distributor body - the window in the distributor need to be in front of the hall sensor.
                    800HP 800++Nm

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

Nop.
                        800HP 800++Nm

Comment

Working...
                        X