Need a new alloy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a new alloy

Having changed the tyres on the car recently, I noticed that the front o/s alloy was slightly bent whilst being balanced. It seems to run true enough with the tyre on there but I would rather not risk keeping it for too long. I beleive it may have been caused by the previous owner mounting a kerb harshly or running into a nasty pothole, meaning I dont want to run into a pothole and buckle the alloy.

At the moment I have the 17" 10 spoke alloys from the later cabriolets, I have no idea where to get one from, I have checked on-line briefly but couldnt find them as I dont know the part number, and I just popped to the audi main stealers and the parts warehouse is closed as its bank holiday.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Rob

Montys might be able to help you out.
    No connection to them.
    Ck.
    Shocked, exhausted, hosed, bushed, dumped, chipped, mounted, filtered, gauged, packed, intermittantly wiped and braked. I mean broken. Now, about the car...

Comment

Thanks for the site, it has a big database of alloys, but unfortunatly not of the type I own. Thank you kindly anyway .

Any more information on where I can acquire these alloys or find them would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Rob,

be VERY careful with that wheel you have there mate. There are TWO versions of that wheel !!! they look identical, but one is 8J wide and one is 7.5J wide. Take a look at the markings on your wheel to be sure of which type you have!

One of these wheels was an OE fitment on the 180hp A4 Quattro that came out in 1999 face-lifted. This was the 7.5J wheel.

The other type was and still is available! from the main dealers under their accessory program. This was the 8J ET35mm wheel which Audi call the Bolero and its part number is 4A0 071 495 1ZL. We can supply this if needed @ £150+vat If you have the 7.5J, let me know the part number off the wheel via a PM and I'lll advise how much that one is.
        Attached Files
        Martyn
        -------------------------------------

www.vagparts.com

Comment

Originally posted by Martynf
          Rob,

be VERY careful with that wheel you have there mate. There are TWO versions of that wheel !!! they look identical, but one is 8J wide and one is 7.5J wide. Take a look at the markings on your wheel to be sure of which type you have!

One of these wheels was an OE fitment on the 180hp A4 Quattro that came out in 1999 face-lifted. This was the 7.5J wheel.

The other type was and still is available! from the main dealers under their accessory program. This was the 8J ET35mm wheel which Audi call the Bolero and its part number is 4A0 071 495 1ZL. We can supply this if needed @ £150+vat If you have the 7.5J, let me know the part number off the wheel via a PM and I'lll advise how much that one is.
          Isn't Rob's car a 4x108mm one if he's running Cabriolet wheels? The other two versions of the Bolero wheels are 5x112mm, so they wouldn't fit anyway, right?
          Kenneth
          1990 Coupe quattro
          1991 200q20v x 2
          1985 4ksq 20vt project
          1986 Coupe GT 10vt project
          2006 Honda Ridgeline
          1998 Honda VFR800FI

Comment

Kenneth
            1990 Coupe quattro
            1991 200q20v x 2
            1985 4ksq 20vt project
            2006 Honda Ridgeline
            1998 Honda VFR800FI

Comment

Think he means late cabriolet "style" whereas they will actually be 5x112
              Mark

Race Clio RS197

S2 Coupe ABY (Green) - RIP
              S2 Coupe ABY (Blue) - Sold

Comment

Rob what you running?
                Martyn

www.vagparts.com

Comment

Originally posted by rotoryboy
                  Think he means late cabriolet "style" whereas they will actually be 5x112
                  I'm not sure which "he" you mean, but here's a pic from Rob's site:

http://www.robatron.co.uk/

I wouldn't mind a set of those wheels for my "90q", and a set for my 200q20v.
                  Kenneth
                  1990 Coupe quattro
                  1991 200q20v x 2
                  1985 4ksq 20vt project
                  2006 Honda Ridgeline
                  1998 Honda VFR800FI

Comment

I have the four stud cabriolet alloy, I can take one of the wheels off and check the part number...hopefully :S.

Here a pic of the car with the current alloys on, not a great pic may I add.

The car

Comment

Sorry, I thought he was running an S2!!
                      Mark

Race Clio RS197

S2 Coupe ABY (Green) - RIP
                      S2 Coupe ABY (Blue) - Sold

Comment

lol, Didnt you see you post that auditude. But yes, that is my car with the alloys on if it helps at all.

Comment

Must admit, looking at your Avatar, I thought S2 also!!

So 4 bolt Coupe running 'the late Cab' wheel is 8G0 601 025B Z17, dealers sell at £251+vat, we're at £171.12+vat. Thesea re 7J x17" with an offset of 37mm.
                          HTH
                          Martyn

www.vagparts.com

Comment

How long does it take to deliver?

Im afraid im not running an s2, give me a year or so, and thats what I shall be driving, for now though, I am running the 2.0 Dont get me wrong, its nice, but under-powered

Comment

Originally posted by rotoryboy
                              Sorry, I thought he was running an S2!!
                              Ah, I remember now too. S2's are 5x112mm, Coupe quattro's are 4x108mm, and RS2's are 5x130mm (with a 57.1mm center hole, unlike regular Porsche's, right?).

We didn't get S2's or RS2's here in the U.S., so I forgot the "Coupe" patterns could/would be different.
                              Kenneth
                              1990 Coupe quattro
                              1991 200q20v x 2
                              1985 4ksq 20vt project
                              2006 Honda Ridgeline
                              1998 Honda VFR800FI

Comment

Working...
                              X