• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aux Rad

Wanted Aux Rad for ABY S2 .
    sigpic

Originally posted by s20ale
    Wanted Aux Rad for ABY S2 .

Welcome to the forum Plenty of the members have removed the Aux radiator and blanked off or used copper pipe to connect the two pipes together. There are lots of posts about this in the cooling section on the forum. Take a look sometime. Where are you?

David

Comment

Take a look at this post.

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...hlight=aux+rad

HTH

David

Comment

Im Audiman, im using another PC at the moment, but i have a aux rad in good nick, only about 18 months old. I no longer need it. So find me and PM me!
        S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

I also have one sitting in the garage, free to collector.

Comment

Originally posted by Stick Insect
            Take a look at this post.

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...hlight=aux+rad

HTH

David
            Cheers Dave I guess no need for aux rad , but whats best blank it or bypass??.
            Bought an S2 about two weeks ago and the ****** sprung a leak, not too bad at the moment but it will get worse i'm sure.
            By the way i'm from Norfolk near Gt Yarmouth.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Doug_RS2
              Im Audiman, im using another PC at the moment, but i have a aux rad in good nick, only about 18 months old. I no longer need it. So find me and PM me!
              Doug,
              Thanks for the reply but after reading Dave's ( Stick Insect !! ) post
              I'm in a quandry wether to remove rad or not.
              Would apprieciate any veiws on this i know its probbably been discussed
              but i am new to the S2 and this site.

Cheers Dale
              p.s what sort of price did you have in mind for your rad ?
              sigpic

Comment

I've just replaced mine... Audi wanted just short of £200 +VAT for a new one... ouch! It's certainly cheaper to put a bypass in, but mine runs fine as it is, so I thought why change?
                '94 S2 (RS2+ spec. Tarmac Rally Car)
                S2QuattroMotorsport

Comment

Originally posted by 20vTurbo
                  I've just replaced mine... Audi wanted just short of £200 +VAT for a new one... ouch! It's certainly cheaper to put a bypass in, but mine runs fine as it is, so I thought why change?
                  Aditionl rads a b*****d cos you cant buy any where alse exept main dealers , they are half the size of main rad and cost double, i paid over £ 200
                  sigpic_________
                  Rob

Comment

You can get them from GSf or ECP, i have a receipt for it somewhere.
                    i'd ditch it anyway. easier access to front end and will run cooler beleive it or not, quite a few of us have found this out.
                    you need to plug the pipes, dont join them together.

martin

Comment

Originally posted by martinjs
                      You can get them from GSf or ECP, i have a receipt for it somewhere.
                      i'd ditch it anyway. easier access to front end and will run cooler beleive it or not, quite a few of us have found this out.
                      you need to plug the pipes, dont join them together.

martin
                      Well i dont know , but i did asked ecp and gfs and they did not have it , but that is adu rs2 ,anyway aby , adu they both look identical.
                      sigpic_________
                      Rob

Comment

I have only just removed mine a couple of weeks ago. When i get stuck in traffic it still only goes up to 90, but when/in driving it definately runs cooler.It used to sit 1,maybe 2 notches under 90 but now it sits at three under

Comment

Originally posted by jubjub
                          I have only just removed mine a couple of weeks ago. When i get stuck in traffic it still only goes up to 90, but when/in driving it definately runs cooler.It used to sit 1,maybe 2 notches under 90 but now it sits at three under
                          What is the optimum temperature for the engine to run at? Shouldnt think wants to run above 90 but not below 80 either. Anyone know?

Greg
                          Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Jubjub have you changed your multifunction sensor to the newer style 3 pin one? I have noticed it gives slightly cooler readings or then the wind has more effect on the newer style one.
                            Temp gauge drops near 80 when driving constant highway speed but the vagcom was used simultaneously and it showed 87-90 C all the time!
                            -

Comment

Originally posted by porkkis
                              Jubjub have you changed your multifunction sensor to the newer style 3 pin one? I have noticed it gives slightly cooler readings or then the wind has more effect on the newer style one.
                              Temp gauge drops near 80 when driving constant highway speed but the vagcom was used simultaneously and it showed 87-90 C all the time!
                              Porkkis, the multifunction sensor has not been changed....

Comment

Working...
                              X