Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on direct bank transfers.

Hello,

If you read the lists you will be aware there is a lister in the Netherlands desperate for some injectors. He would like to use direct bank transfer. He has requested the information he needs. My bank says with this information it is possible to access my account, although they can't tell me how (obviously I suppose).
    So how to we get round this. Have other listers used this method to pay for or receive payments from abroad? Is it safe? Have they had their accounts cleared by Nigerian Scamsters?
    Any comments appreciated.

Originally posted by twoqu
    Hello,

If you read the lists you will be aware there is a lister in the Netherlands desperate for some injectors. He would like to use direct bank transfer. He has requested the information he needs. My bank says with this information it is possible to access my account, although they can't tell me how (obviously I suppose).
    So how to we get round this. Have other listers used this method to pay for or receive payments from abroad? Is it safe? Have they had their accounts cleared by Nigerian Scamsters?

AFAIK you only need to give him the IBAN number. I have done this several times for payment from Europe.
    Tim

1995 S2 Avant, ruby red - ** SOLD TO ROSS **
    Golf Rallye G60 ** SOLD **
    Golf MK2 Oaky with R32 engine
    Audi A6 Avant 1.9 TDi 130
    Golf MK2 8v Race car

Comment

Originally posted by s2avant95M
      AFAIK you only need to give him the IBAN number. I have done this several times for payment from Europe.

Hi,
      Thanks for the reply. Showing my ignorance here. IBAN no?

Comment

Aswell as BIC code.
        So IBAN and BIC

Call your bank and ask it. Or check your balance, it's on there somewher. atleast in holland it is.

Cheers

Hi,
        Thanks for the reply. Showing my ignorance here. IBAN no?
        RS2 Black - stock 315 HP
        RS2 RS blau - stock 315 HP
        Sport Quattro - 1005 HP
        High Octane website

Comment

twoqu: You need to give IBAN account number , BIC(or swift code) and the account name. That's it. I always use wire transfer and I know none of such scam ways to clean account.
          Vadim.

New engine (mechanical PKM head) , Alcon 332mm brakes , Pauter rods , Mahle pistons, GT30R , kw v2 sucpension , new exhaust. 608HP. For SALE !

Comment

Hello,

hi there,
            IME bank transfer has always been a safe method - i understand that the swift code or iban is to reduce the admin involved hence the time it takes to reach ones account.

ps. also for your info: ALL scamsters are NOT nigerian.

Comment

Originally posted by imster
              hi there,
              IME bank transfer has always been a safe method - i understand that the swift code or iban is to reduce the admin involved hence the time it takes to reach ones account.

ps. also for your info: ALL scamsters are NOT nigerian.

Hi!,
              Point taken. No offence meant. I believe that that type of scam is known by a number which originates in the Nigerian Law Statutes. As you say the internet is antidiscriminatory in that it allows honest people to be defrauded by anyone with access to a computer.
              Just read my first post again. I don't think I implied that all Nigerians are scamsters at all.
              Last edited by twoqu; 23 September 2004, 16:37.

Comment

Working...
              X