RS2 ADU / ADY engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RS2 ADU / ADY engine

wanted a 2226cc RS2 ADU short engine ( head and block) for my rally car .
    Have also been advised an ABY engine will do and can swap cams over
    If you have one of these or know where I could possibly source one would be great to hear from you please PM me or email me on brokenfridge69@hotmail.com

Regards

Andy
    Last edited by brokenfridge; 20 August 2011, 17:54.

Block and head are the same ABY/ADU/AAN. It´s the ancillaries (a few anyway) that differ. ADU specific parts are: Cams, turbo, ex mani, injectors, waterpump, intake mani (Althought the only difference is the porsche casting) Cambelt (due to the ADU spec watrpump) ECU, I have read that the oilpump is different too but i could not swear that it is. That´s the things i can think of, others will correct me if i am wrong/missing out on anything.
    Audi 80 Competition -94 Daily driver

www.garaget.org/fish for more pic´s of my cars

Comment

Short engine or short block refers to the block,crank,pistons etc no head.

What you are after would be called a long block i.e. including the head.

Comment

The ABY will make the same power without the cams as the ADU providing you have the RS2 turbo and injectors .

To buy an ABY motor, RS2 turbo and injectors and have the ecu chipped to ~380hp is going to cost you ~£2000 -2500, less if your lucky.
        To buy an ADU with the ECU turbo ect is going to cost you a small fortune.

All you are buying with the ADU is a Porsche badge and some cams and for that you will pay thousands , pointless!

Comment

I have all the ancillaries off the ADU motor have put a hole in the head and nr 3 barrel is scored . Will the ADU bits fit on a AAN ABY engine . Have seen a AAN complete motor on german e bay at 1500 euros . Need something a bit sharpish as have our local rally in Jersey mid October. Thanks for all your help so far

Comment

What about this one?

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53033
            sigpic
            1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
            1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
            1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

Or this

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53510
              sigpic
              1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
              1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
              1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

Originally posted by brokenfridge View Post
                I have all the ancillaries off the ADU motor have put a hole in the head and nr 3 barrel is scored . Will the ADU bits fit on a AAN ABY engine . Have seen a AAN complete motor on german e bay at 1500 euros . Need something a bit sharpish as have our local rally in Jersey mid October. Thanks for all your help so far
                Yes, all the bits will fit on an ABY / AAN engine.

Comment

Working...
                X