Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• De-cat pipe

Hi everyone.

I am looking for de-cat pipes for my 3B S2. I would prefer to do awau with the y-section completely as I understand this is a big choking point in the exhaust system.

Does anyone have a single pipe to replace the 2 cats or do you have to use 2 pipes, one for each pipe?

Does anyone have some they want to get rid of?

Cheers guys.

would be simpler to delete the Y and go with one, however the system runs on two pipes until the centre box so in theory you'd want to delete that too, though you may run into the same issue i have which is that without the cats you fail the noise tests for a track day In which case, simply replacing the cats with straight throughs and leaving the centre and back box, should mean you get it breathing better and still sit the right side of the dB test.
    sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Cheers for that. Need to get under the car and double check but I think I have a CAT back stainless system so a single pipe. If not ill take it to someone like powerflow and get them to make up a downpipe back system that isnt too loud. Should I change the diameter to 3" as I will be buying a 3" downpipe at somepoint in the future!

Comment

I just made a 2.5" downpipe on my S6, not the hardest thing to do, I have it mapped by S2Central and I don't think it's holding it back, not wanting to go to 3" until I change Turbo etc. details below:

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52225

I have the original Y piece Decat if it's any use you can have it.

Ivan

Comment

Ivan,
          Im not sure if this will fit my S2 but if someone can confirm that it will then I will be interested.

Cheers

Comment

Yeah, prob wouldn't be a direct fit, but it could be used for bits.

Comment

Okay, well I can weld myself so will speak to a friend and see if he can help out.

Comment

Working...
              X