Flywheel bolts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flywheel bolts

Does anybody have any new flywheel bolts?

Just came to put mine on and the ones i have are ok but not the Audi-spec and i'd feel more comfortable with them.

8 off please!
    1996 Audi S2 - 295bhp and 326lb/ft - Complete Rebuild Project

1994 Audi 80 - 2.0 8v (slow but reliable!)

contact your audi dealer and buy a new one.
    those are special strong bolts , and I always buy them in Audi shop..
    don't forget - they have to be on 10kg or 100Nm

Comment

I've just looked at a pdf I downloaded from this site - 30nm and 1/4 turn (90 degree)

Comment

I'll call audi in the morning but it will probably take 2-3days...means my last weekend before i start work is wasted! was just hoping someone had some i could grab tomorrow!

thanks djh, think i'd stumbled across the 35nm + 90 a while ago but couldn't find it!

Comment

order them first thing you'll probably get them by Saturday AM as long as they have them at the UK warehouse
          Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
          Indigo ABY coupé
          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

You should be able to get next day delivery from Audi (if parts are in stock in the UK), state car off road, however you don't get discount normally if you do this.
            Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
            Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Originally posted by andy10v View Post
              You should be able to get next day delivery from Audi (if parts are in stock in the UK), state car off road, however you don't get discount normally if you do this.
              thanks, i'll beg and plead in the morning. but whats this about discount?!

Comment

If you normally get discount you won't if you say "car off road" to get next day delivery on parts. Hence I only use it if I need something asap.
                Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
                Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Originally posted by willg54 View Post
                  I'll call audi in the morning but it will probably take 2-3days...means my last weekend before i start work is wasted! was just hoping someone had some i could grab tomorrow!

thanks djh, think i'd stumbled across the 35nm + 90 a while ago but couldn't find it!

are we talking about same thing? the 8 bolts which hold flywheel and go into crankshaft???

35Nm + 90 , that could be maybe 50Nm in best case..
                  don't be mad , that are only bolt on audi car which have to be on 100Nm or 10kg , this is the same value..

flywheel could kill people.. it is not the game ! do you want this ?
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zS8u8...eature=related

Comment

workshop manual states 30nm + 90, it ain't lying!

Comment

DOWNLOAD THIS

http://pdftown.com/PDF-Audi-Avant-RS...op-Manual.html

I'v done 5 engines folowing this workshop and they are still on the roads today..

Comment

I dint open this pdf but maybe the RS2 dual mass has other torque setting than 3b single mass.
                        Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

It's 30NM + 90 for the dual mass flywheel. That's from the AAN workshop manual.

The 3B workshop manual, which is in this ZIP file linked above (i have a copy), says 100NM.

I fitted my DMF to 30NM + 90 plus a bit extra. Like another 1/8 turn or so.
                          AUDI - saving Dad's from minivans since 1994

Comment

i'll stick with what audi recommend!

My local dealers are getting the bolts in for tomorrow morning! they already had 4 in stock....its back on!!!

Comment

FYI....30nm + 90 works out about 105-110nm. Just fitted them and played with my torque wrench to find what they went up to

Comment

Working...
                              X