Crankshaft locking tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crankshaft locking tool

Can anyone lend me the crank locking tool for an aby, need to do cam belt in the next week or so?
    Local to B'ham if poss, if not I'll pay postage etc.

Thanks

Doug has one sal. Its a homemade one tho, but works. Someone else has got the real one, think its Twoqu. But he lives near swindon.
    sigpic
    Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
    Audi UR Quattro
    Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
    Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
    Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

I have got a 3B one, but its no use for the ABY. Why you doing the belt?? Surely you should have stripped the engine by now!!
      sigpic
      Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
      Audi UR Quattro
      Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Got an avant in the family now, full service history but no details of the cambelt so better safe than sorry

Comment

Originally posted by sal_s2
          Can anyone lend me the crank locking tool for an aby, need to do cam belt in the next week or so?
          Local to B'ham if poss, if not I'll pay postage etc.

Thanks

Hi!,

This came up a few weeks ago when Mark H was doing his. The ABY/ADU pulley with the serp belt pulley seems to be too deep for the proper Audi tools 2079 and 2084. The crank locking tool does not locate on the pulley lug and the socket on the torque multiplier is not deep enough to reach the bolt.
          I did ask on a thread whether there was another tool but no one seems to have heard of it. Might be on the engine forum.
          I did find another crank locking tool which was for the 5cyl diesel engines(which look like they have a similar pulley) but can't remember the part number.

Does make you wonder how people have done it in the past!

Comment

Is the AAN pulley the same as ABY/ADU????
            sigpic
            Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
            Audi UR Quattro
            Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Which models have the serpentine belt?

Comment

Tools for AAN are 2079 for undoing the bolt etc
                And they use tool no. 3256 for holding the crank pulley(looks like it bolts onto block where snub mount is fixed.
                sigpic
                Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
                Audi UR Quattro
                Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Hi,

Here's the thread:
                  http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5042

No the pulleys are different. The AAN only has a serp belt pulley. The 3B has three(usually) v belt pulleys the ABY/ADU has I think two v belt and a serp belt pulley. The AAN is about 50mm deep, the 3B about 60mm and the ABY/ADU is obviously deeper. Whereas on the other pulleys the lug for the locking tool is quite close to the front, on the ABY/ADU it is recessed into the pulley. Hence the problems.
                  I thought someone was going to purchase the 2084 and extend it by 20mm.

Comment

There we go, had to download some software to grap the screen
                    Attached Files
                    sigpic
                    Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
                    Audi UR Quattro
                    Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Hi!,

Just had a thought(Ouch!)
                      What I am refering to as a serp belt is the ribbed acessory belt not a v belt. That is the pulley with a few groves in it.
                      If someone can measure down from the pulley face to the beginning of the lug and bolt we can get a comparsion. I was told that the 2084 was approx 5mm away from the lug. The 3256 is only slightly longer. Remember both these are flush against the pulley. I think it would be wise to have a decent length of engagement. The fact that the 2079 isn't deep enough tells me that there is a problem with the official information. The 3256 bolts to the block and doesn't engage on the alt mount. Not sure whether it is possible to fiddle this in without removal of the alt mount itself.

Comment

Ehh - I replied to this before and it dissapeared.

Paul J (Apness) has my homemade locking tool - ask him if he has finished with it Sal.
                        S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

Originally posted by Doug_RS2
                          Ehh - I replied to this before and it dissapeared.

Paul J (Apness) has my homemade locking tool - ask him if he has finished with it Sal.
                          I'll ask Paul, thanks

Comment

Working...
                          X