Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to buy oem style nuts, bolts and washers / jubilee clips ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to buy oem style nuts, bolts and washers / jubilee clips ?

I know I can buy them from the dealers, but they're pretty dear.

Is there an online supplier that can supply the various sizes of nut, bolts and washers in the oem silvery / greeny finish ?

Also a supplier of the oem style jubilee clips used on our '94 / '95 cars ? Branded "Norma".

I am aware that I suffer from a bit of ocd, but it does look /feel sweet when the car is put back together with fasteners looking as it did when it was new ?

Thanks for any links or suggestions.

If either you or someone you know can get them from TPS then I'd go for genuine items as the price is not so bad then and you can be sure they are the correct tensile strengths for their applications.
    1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
    1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
    1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
    1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

looking at cap head bolts from a general nut 'n' bolt supplier, their tensile strengths tend to be higher than OEM anyway. plus you can get them in stainless and they look awesome things like strut bolts, wishbone bolts etc i've gone oem though.
      1996 Audi S2 - 295bhp and 326lb/ft - Complete Rebuild Project

1994 Audi 80 - 2.0 8v (slow but reliable!)

Comment

Whose TPS ? Seen it mentioned a few times on here, but never needed to know until now ?

My understanding was that stainless steel can't be used in a high tensile applications, as stainless steel is not quite as strong compared to a high tensile bolt.

Any feedback on the Norma jubliee clips ?

My recollection is that this issue of nuts and bolts may have came up before and someone may have made a list / part numbers of the commonly used nut and bolts on B4s ?

I can never get the good results when I search this forum as others seem to be able to get ?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by David in Dublin View Post
          Also a supplier of the oem style jubilee clips used on our '94 / '95 cars ? Branded "Norma".
          I'm with you there David, they just look 'right' on these cars don't they.
          Merlin Motorsport seem to list them in a range of sizes on their site:
          Norma Hose Clips

Comment

Hi Pete,

Thanks for the link.

Will check them out.

Kind regards.

Comment

TPS are 'Trade parts supplies', normally you need to be in the trade or know someone who is to use them. They supply OEM parts for VAG group cars.
              1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
              1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
              1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
              1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Working...
              X