No announcement yet.

Oil Cooler + Pipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HAHAHAHAH! i get it.. thanx wab, your da kind!
    ABY Coupe
    sigpic

Comment

Wabtheking

Do you remember what size the replacement Mocal oil cooler you fitted is?

Also any further details (length of pipe, size and shape of unions) on the replacement pipes would come in handy as I would also need to get the pipes made up in advance of taking the old ones off.

How easy a job was it? Did you have to make up new mountings or does the Mocal cooler fit as original?
      1994 16v Coupe - Sold on and sadly missed
      1994 S2 Avant - Warmed up a bit
      1995 A6 Avant - Dag Dag Delight

Comment

Originally posted by WabTheKing
        put the car on axle stands, remove under tray, undo o/c brackets, cracked off the unions, placed a bucket under and then undid them the full way and let the oil coming from the block drip into the bucket and also tipped the excess out of the oil cooler into the bucket, if your coordinated you dont get covered in it, if not you end up like me (reverse process of michael jacksons skin bleaching)
        Welcome to the brotherhood!

Comment

I need one of these now Started leaking the other day and VAG want loads of dough. Why did you need the hoses mine look alright are they likely not to be Dont suppose anyone is replacing a non leaky one with a bigger one and wouldn't mind parting with it.
          Ragusa Coupe gone!
          sigpic
          VW T4 Multivan. TSW Holstens hiding in the garage for the winter.
          VW Mk1 Caddy pickup, modded or "ruined"
          vw T5 Kombi. In the process of being "ruined"

Comment

Talk to Lee, he's got a mother Mocal oil cooler to fit, he might be selling his old one?

Comment

Working...
            X