bumper side mounting bracket S2 Avant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bumper side mounting bracket S2 Avant

I am looking for the two inside middle brackets of the bumper. The ones that connect to the two that bolt to the car and have a long through bolt that secure the bumper to the car.

I'm not sure if the s2 coupe and avant share the same brackets or not but a pair of either will do if thats the case. Please no rust or minimal rust if at all possible.

Reason: I received an S2 avant [or S2 sedan maybe?] bumper and it doesn't have them but i have the car side brackets... so just need the other two to mount it up.

Let me know thanks
    Last edited by tecknoquatt; 9 May 2012, 21:57.

hi man

if you are talking about the front bumper, then there are no side brackets, it is just bolted into the fender.

if you are talking about the rear bumper, then they are s2 avant/limo specific, made of plastic, and they should be still available at audi for the price of cca 30€ each.
    Last edited by Skull; 9 May 2012, 14:10.
    Audi Quattro WR

Comment

Originally posted by Sküll View Post
      hi man

if you are talking about the front bumper, then there are no side brackets, it is just bolted into the fender.

if you are talking about the rear bumper, then they are s2 avant/limo specific, made of plastic, and they should be still available at audi for the price of cca 30€ each.
      Just to add to Sküll's advice......

The front bumper screws are available here in the US and require that the wing has the rivnut to have something on the wing to screw into.

Nut N 90456702
      Rivnut N 90252104

Comment

sorry I guess my title needs to be changed. Im talking about the rear bumper. not the sides of the bumper but the rear bumper inside rear brackets if that makes sense. the two brackets in the middle that attach to the two brackets that bolt to the car with the long through-bolt. Sorry for my confusing title. I will edit the title so its not misunderstood.

I have the real RS2 bumper on the front and I'm just trying to eliminate the USA version two pc rear bumper with a one pc S2 looking factory bumper. [USA 1993 90 B4]
        My coupe has S2 rear and V6 Coupe front bumpers so I'm covered there.
        Last edited by tecknoquatt; 9 May 2012, 21:54.

Comment

http://www.ebay.de/itm/AUDI-80-B4-LI...ht_1579wt_1163

http://www.ebay.de/itm/AUDI-80-B4-LI...ht_1579wt_1163
          Audi Quattro WR

Comment

You can also contact Jack Dean in New York (Hudson Valley Region), he has been making them and selling them on Audifans.com. He has gotten some good marks for them. He sells them about US$100 per pair. He used to be on Audiworld but I haven't seen him since the "migration".

Comment

I already have two sets of jacks brackets. I need the piece of metal that connects to those for the bumper.

Comment

hmm, i dont understand why would somebody remove that...

i cant remember if it is the whole traverse in one piece...

Audi Quattro WR

Comment

yea mine looks just like that. the ebay listing... That looks like what i need. Hopefully it would bolt up to my car with those. Sometimes minor differences. Someone willing to purchase those for me and send?

Comment

the 2 big brackets (i posted the ebay links) are bolted to the traverse on the bumper you see in this pic. each bracket has 2 bolts (13mm).

then this 2 big brackets slide into the chassis, and bolt to the car by 4 long bolts (2 each bracket). that`s it. you then need the limo plastic trim between the bumper and the chassis, as the avant trim is different.

would be much easier if you snapped some pics of your bumper
                    Audi Quattro WR

Comment

maybe your brackets look like this?

if this is the case, then they are the same as the "european" ones, they just have the rubber damper in there... but should fit the same
                      Audi Quattro WR

Comment

i also hope you have the side brackets you need to install the s2 rear bumper (the two in the middle)

Audi Quattro WR

Comment

Comment

good you have the holes there...

Audi Quattro WR

Comment

the little long trim piece I wasn't sure if needed or not. I figured that would only be used on an avant. So the sedan/saloon needs it also? should I paint it then? I do not have those side pieces you posted. I think the rear bumper shocks may look like that. Its been so long since I've had the rear bumper off I don't know. I just have the look of the front ones in my head and they are a bit different. painted all black and have a flat base for DOT bumper impact cars anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X