MTM intake manifold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MTM intake manifold

My friend owning the RS2 is willing to buy the MTM intake manifold. Told him it is an expensive item, but he still wants one.
    Anybody having one for sale laying around?

Marco

yeh sure ive got 3 or 4 just kicking about LOL!!!!

Gd luck Marco! LOL
    Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
    2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

I know lee was looking at developing a similar solution at a better price, could be worth dropping him a line.

Greg
      Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

I believe that Hacke was also developing one, with a price point of $1000 USD...
        Peter S

1990 ErsatzS2 - track toy
        1991 Coupe Quattro
        1991 Coupe Quattro
        1995 S6 Sedan
        1995 S6 Wagon

Comment

I am also keen to get hold of something like the MTM - but nobody will tell me how much, only that they're expensive! Solutions which make the intake less convoluted and are routed to the cooler side of the engine bay are most welcome!

__MDC__

PS garage doesn't want to fix my gearbox or swap the spare in now - I'm not a happy Kitty keeper right now. A competent local person (East Anglia) to help me now sought!
          Martin Cutting

aka Keeper of "The Teutonic Kitten"

It's not better than sex, but it runs it a close second.

Comment

that is still alot. I was thinking about making one for my 7a. but i think i can do it cheaper than that...

Comment

Originally posted by Keeper of The Kitten
              I am also keen to get hold of something like the MTM - but nobody will tell me how much, only that they're expensive!
              Well i dont think you'll have much change (if any) from £1000

Comment

Originally posted by martinjs
                Well i dont think you'll have much change (if any) from £1000
                Question is, Is it really worth that amount of money?

I know there quite a few ppl doing the AAN IM conversion, I'm very curious to see what gains people are expecting to see from this conversion.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamo
                  Question is, Is it really worth that amount of money?

I know there quite a few ppl doing the AAN IM conversion, I'm very curious to see what gains people are expecting to see from this conversion.
                  IMO, no it isnt.

Im hoping to cut down on lag and improve throttle response really, im not expecting that much of a power gain.

Comment

Originally posted by martinjs
                    IMO, no it isnt.

Im hoping to cut down on lag and improve throttle response really, im not expecting that much of a power gain.
                    Minds think alike Martyn, if anyone find a cheep supplier of front mount I/M lets us all now, they will prob have there hands snapped off (a price around £600 seems fair to me)

Jay

Comment

right now im pricing it out to make my own. ill let you all know what i come up with. but the real question is how many on here would be interested if i can get it to about $650? any input would be great.

Comment

If you could realistically get it made for people at that price i'd be interested
                        Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
                        2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Puppetman - don't underestimate the size of your audience...If you can make the design work with the stock hydraulic pump location AND the radiator, you may have a much larger audience - including the UrS4/S6 folks (AAN), those transplanting 20v engines into their UrQs (ala the RR UrQ), etc....
                          Peter S

1990 ErsatzS2 - track toy
                          1991 Coupe Quattro
                          1991 Coupe Quattro
                          1995 S6 Sedan
                          1995 S6 Wagon

Comment

ok thanks for your input. i was hessitant because was not sure if there would that great of an intrest. now that i know this, i will more seriously research this out. thanks to all.

Comment

Hans Dahlback Racing makes one, he flow test them, they are great, thats one I have.

Comment

Working...
                              X