Wanted - Billcatz Short Shifter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted - Billcatz Short Shifter

Wanted Next upgrade, Billcatz Short Shifter of simlar, Anyone out there have a spare for sale or a URL to go to.

PS - sorted the Squeaky Tailgate, Spray on Grease worked a treat, thicker than WD40 but easier to apply than normal grease, have to see how long it lasts though
    91 S2 3B in Pearl, Miltek, De-Cat pipes, Short Shifter, 996 Monoblocks + 323 A8 Discs, Whiteline R-ARB:MRC Generic 3B Chips

For those who want to contact richard:
    billzcat1@comcast.net or view his website .
    Last edited by Wizard-of-OD; 24 November 2004, 06:10.
    Issam N. Abed
    iABED Industries
    iABED Email | Facebook
    The build thread

Comment

Thanks for the good PR there Wizard!

To answer the original poster: I still make them! www.billzcat1.com or get them locally (official UK vendor!) from my buddy Martyn at www.vagparts.com

As for the quality issues mentioned by Audiman: I put a one year guarantee on my shifters, and its really a mostly "no questions asked" policy. You have a problem? Let me know and I'll fix it. This is the first problem I've heard of in the last 200 shifters or so, and if I need to address it, please contact me directly and I'll get you fixed up.
      Richard
      "All it takes to go fast: cubic inches, cubic money or cubic effort" - Mike G.

Comment

Dude, i deleted my post as i thought it wasnt fair. It was only the one that wasnt bonded in correctly, but i sorted it out at no extra cost to the customer. They others were fine and still are to this day.
        sigpic
        Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
        Audi UR Quattro
        Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
        Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
        Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Thanks all

Order placed with Steve at VAGParts (good service). You all know what I will be doing this weekend.
          91 S2 3B in Pearl, Miltek, De-Cat pipes, Short Shifter, 996 Monoblocks + 323 A8 Discs, Whiteline R-ARB:MRC Generic 3B Chips

Comment

wow.. i can only dream of a mod like this!!!
            ABY Coupe
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by billzcat1
              Thanks for the good PR there Wizard!

As for the quality issues mentioned by Audiman: I put a one year guarantee on my shifters, and its really a mostly "no questions asked" policy. You have a problem? Let me know and I'll fix it. This is the first problem I've heard of in the last 200 shifters or so, and if I need to address it, please contact me directly and I'll get you fixed up.
              Is there a way to improve the movement of it a bit since it seems very sticky in hot weather and doesnt move quite as freely as it does normally.

ta

Greg
              Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

The only thing I could suggest there is to give it a little more grease. It's all OEM stuff in there, and its possible that in very hot weather the grease isn't up to snuff. Spray-in grease or white lithium are both fine for the shifter.
                Richard
                "All it takes to go fast: cubic inches, cubic money or cubic effort" - Mike G.

Comment

Short shifter fitted 50 min job, Gerat results, cheated though - my niece with very small hands re-fittrd the fixing pin for me, not mutch rom to work with these great mits

Comment

Originally posted by Greg_S
                    Is there a way to improve the movement of it a bit since it seems very sticky in hot weather and doesnt move quite as freely as it does normally.

ta

Greg
                    When was it hot then? I must of been asleep at that moment this year..
                    Was a '93 3B, Dont ask now tho......

Comment

LOL, too true. Will have to remember that one with the smaller hands. I want to take mine off to tweak the reverse lockout mod at somepoint so will get one of my sisters to help out with the pin.

Greg
                      Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

"This is the first problem I've heard of in the last 200 shifters or so"

Well Billzcat now you got 2 out of the last 200!
                        Mine just gave up the ghost. Seems the ball unit separated and now when I engage reverse the entire shift rod goes DOWN as if the unit has broken out of it's mount. I can still engage gears but must do it gently. Anybody else have this problem come up. Mine is less than 6 months old! Still waiting for a response from Billzcat.

Comment

Thats what happened on the one i fitted for a customer. I just bonded it back into place and its fine.
                          sigpic
                          Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
                          Audi UR Quattro
                          Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
                          Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
                          Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Billzcat is the MAN!!!

Talk about a fast response! He's replacing the entire unit. It's on the way to me as I write this. Only Martyn is as fast to reply.
                            Shame other sellers can't be as fast to their customers needs as these guys
                            are.

Comment

Working...
                            X