Main radiator lower mounting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Main radiator lower mounting.

Apparently the lower main rad mounting bush is now NLA, well my branch of TPS reckon it is,. Surprising as it's the same part on all five pot Coupes as well as a lot of other stuff.

Anyway it's yet another thing I've discovered I need to put my S2 back together and despite being sure I had a spare I've searched everywhere with no joy.

Anyone got a half decent one knocking about?

To be clear it's the large one with an M8 bolt each side and is over an inch thick.
    1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
    1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
    1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
    1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Febi make a replacement mate - http://www.justkampers.com/803-121-2...1980-1985.html

EDIT: So do Meyle, but theirs looks closer to the original as it also has the metal plate on it: Meyle 82964

Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Nice one Alex I'm getting there slowly.

Comment

Make sure it's the bloomin' large one, as the one I got from VAG a while back was just like the side one and wasn't big enough

If we can't get them, then might have to get something made up...
        Cheers'en, AndyC
        1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

I've ordered a Febi one and have my fingers crossed, it's hard to tell from the pic's as it gives no idea of scale. However is says it's 5 cm thick in the dimensions listed so I'm hopeful but if that includes the bolts then it's going to be a small one.

Think I'll source and order a Meyle one as well as that looks spot on in the pic Alex posted.

Will let you know how I get on.

It really sucks that such a universal part is NLA, pathetic really.

Edit, just googled the Melye part number and it's a front upper mount by the looks of what this vendor in the states lists. I've already purchased one of them from GSF thinking it's the bottom one as it looks right in the pic.

http://www.carpartsdiscount.com/auto...tml?3593=82964
          Last edited by K Simmonds; 23 July 2013, 17:57.

Comment

Just reading this post.

I popped into TPS at VW Leicester today - Enquired about the ABY Main Radiator Lower Mount - Part Number 893 121 273.

The guy confirmed on the screen that it is No Longer Available. The little lower case (a) next to the part number confirmed on EKTA. Stop supplying from 1/2/2012.

Lucky I've managed to pull my old one offmy ABY radiator I'm swapping onto the spare 3B one I acquired recently!!!!
            4 Rings Rule.......Everytime

1984 80 Quattro B2 - Project Car
            1996 S2 - ABY 6 Speed - Pride and joy
            2003 A2 TDI - Economy

Comment

I gave up in the end after buying three slightly different versions of the smaller upper mount, I got lucky and found a good one in one of my many boxes of 'things that will prove useful one day'.

Comment

People who sell up should give all remaining parts they can't sell to someone nearby to them as a legacy for the rest of us addicts, all parts will useful at some stage.

Mad some of the stuff that was dumped because it was in the way.

Off rant, and back to the real world, said the dreamer.
                Last edited by macspring; 9 October 2013, 20:14.

Comment

Originally posted by macspring View Post
                  People who sell up should give all remaining parts they can't sell to someone nearby to them as a legacy for the rest of us addicts, all parts will useful at some stage.

Mad some of the stuff that was dumped because it was in the way, said the dreamer.

Off rant, and back to the real world.
                  I like this quote.

My 73yr old Dad has tools fron his Dad's collection. Slowly I am inheriting them together with little parts. Nuts, washers, clips, plugs, bolts, etc.
                  4 Rings Rule.......Everytime

1984 80 Quattro B2 - Project Car
                  1996 S2 - ABY 6 Speed - Pride and joy
                  2003 A2 TDI - Economy

Comment

Working...
                  X