WANTED - Rear Passenger side Caliper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WANTED - Rear Passenger side Caliper

My Rear Left caliper appears to be seized.... had the car up on ramps last night and its barely movable, required a lot of effort to spin it... other 3 are all fine.

I know someone asked for one before and they were largely expensive, so i wont hold my breath when it comes to finding one.... but ya never know

Cheers guys
    Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
    2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Originally posted by S2 Ant
    My Rear Left caliper appears to be seized.... had the car up on ramps last night and its barely movable, required a lot of effort to spin it... other 3 are all fine.

I know someone asked for one before and they were largely expensive, so i wont hold my breath when it comes to finding one.... but ya never know

Cheers guys
    Not sure which perspective you are using to say "left rear", but there is a rear offside caliper on fleabay at the minute. Sorry if I've got the wrong side Ant
    Offside rear caliper
    2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.
    2004 A4 Avant 1.8T quattro Sport-LE.
    1995 S2 Coupe - sold (sniff)

Comment

Originally posted by Fourrings
      Not sure which perspective you are using to say "left rear", but there is a rear offside caliper on fleabay at the minute. Sorry if I've got the wrong side Ant
      Offside rear caliper
      DOH!!!!!!! ignore,,,,,just seen the heading "passenger side rear caliper",,,,,,,,sorry
      2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.
      2004 A4 Avant 1.8T quattro Sport-LE.
      1995 S2 Coupe - sold (sniff)

Comment

Originally posted by Fourrings
        Offside rear caliper
        Sal_s2 should almost certainly have one.

Jon
        SOLD.. :(
        But now proud owner of Porsche Boxster S.. :fire:

Comment

Thanks Guys.... i'll drop a PM to Sal

Rear left when sitting in the car
          Ant

2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

sure its not just a siezed guide pin? These are easy to replace and you should be able to cover it in some wd-40 or something and get it out, clean the guide holes, repack with some high temp lube and away you go? I had one on the drivers side rear, cleaned them up and havent had a prob since
            sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Will have to look in to when i get it off the car, was just having a quick look under the car last nite... it might be from when it was off the road from my ban... i was stupid enough to leave handbreak on for the full 48 days..... totally forgot to put it in gear and leave handbreak off so may well be seized up a bit... i'm fully bleeding the system next weekend probably when i get my new brakes so will play then
              Ant

2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Originally posted by s2driveruk
                sure its not just a siezed guide pin? These are easy to replace and you should be able to cover it in some wd-40 or something and get it out, clean the guide holes, repack with some high temp lube and away you go? I had one on the drivers side rear, cleaned them up and havent had a prob since
                How do you sort the seized guide pin. which I think is what is wrong with my caliper. See other thread!

Cheers,

Steve
                The Perfectionist
                sigpic
                Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Audi 80
                  How do you sort the seized guide pin. which I think is what is wrong with my caliper. See other thread!

Cheers,

Steve
                  Steve, a new carrier with guide pins and boots is normally the order of the day, in my experience anyway. HTH.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuvo
                    Steve, a new carrier with guide pins and boots is normally the order of the day, in my experience anyway. HTH.
                    How do you get the guide pin out? I have already had the piston out and am looking at the end of the guide pin...

Cheers,

Steve
                    The Perfectionist
                    sigpic
                    Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

On one occasion I tried to break the seized guide pin out with force, is was in so tight that the hex head sheared clean off.

A neighbour machined out the seized guide pin at work for me. So all I had to do was source a guide pin from another car (Audi don't sell them separately, you need to buy a carrier) if you want them.

Comment

There is no Hex head on mine

I have girling calipers with a "flat head screw" type recess that you are supposed tobe able to wind back in.

I am going to buy a pair of calipers I think and be done with it...

Cheers,

Steve
                        The Perfectionist
                        sigpic

Comment

Steve, you mentioned guide pins so I thought you meant one of these had seized as this is quite common. I now realise you are talking about the caliper pistons not coming out. See this tasty link for rebuild info, it should tell you all you need to know:

Caliper Rebuild Instructions

Comment

Working...
                          X