Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alernator

any body got a spare alternator??
    have an 95 avant aby, just recently changed the brushes, but now its really noisey and irratating !!!! can anyone help tyred local audi dealer`s but nearly fell of ma seat when told the price £ 350..., wot??
    any help would be apprecieted..
    cheers dave..

Go to a Lucas agent, they should be able to rebuild your own.Or try GSF they sell some good quality alternators, and also some sh*ite ones.

Comment

Are you sure it is not just a noisy belt? very common on these cars
      Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.--:Albert Einstein

Comment

What amp is the ABY? if its the same as a 7a 20v ive got a spare that i know is good, in fact the 20v is also the same as the 10v.
        Nice one
        Gav
        S2 Cabriolet.........

Comment

alternator

Originally posted by gavs20v
          What amp is the ABY? if its the same as a 7a 20v ive got a spare that i know is good, in fact the 20v is also the same as the 10v.
          Nice one
          Gav
          i have been told by the audi stealer its 120amp.. its a new belt , and certainly sounds =like the bearings,,

Comment

I have a spare alternator I bought from someone who broke an S2, it's 110 amp though.
            acidtrax

Comment

I got a spare one its from an rs2 but will fit the aby one also. Earlier 3b versions will NOT fit your car. see etka if you want

£195 shipped.
              audi rs2 mtm 380 hp pack

Comment

the aircon/climate cars had the higher output alternator. non AC cars have the lower one.

Greg
                Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

alternator

thanks very much for your help folks , but a had some spare time at weekend and stripped down the alternator to find it was packed we oil n all sorts o rubbish ,, cleaned all up and wow it its just fine , cheapest fix yet
                  , for now anyway!!!!

thanks for help/ offers,,

Comment

Working...
                  X