Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carbon fiber interior trim and black taillights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carbon fiber interior trim and black taillights?

Did or does anyone make an interior trim kit for the S2/Coupe quattro (LHD)? The wood in my car is nice, but I think I would like carbon better.

My type 44 has Hella/Treser smoked taillights and I'd like to find a set for my new type 89 coupe. I noticed abcdesignltd.com has some for the sedan and avant, but I didn't see anything for the coupe. I found a set on ebay.de but they were prohibitively expensive. If anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd be very thankful.

Originally posted by jettasdaddy
    Did or does anyone make an interior trim kit for the S2/Coupe quattro (LHD)? The wood in my car is nice, but I think I would like carbon better.
    You can buy the Carbon trim from Audi for mega money, if not is very difficult to get hold of it. There is a new product, check this link http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...ghlight=carbon
    94' RS2 Coupe TT (Twin Torsen )

Comment

Originally posted by The Spanish
      You can buy the Carbon trim from Audi for mega money, if not is very difficult to get hold of it. There is a new product, check this link http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...ghlight=carbon
      i can't say for sure, but i think they simply overlay any piece with carbon there...
      Joe "NoNonsense"
      axis motorsport
      joe@axismotorsport.com

"At the end of the game, the king and the pawn go back in the same box."

Comment

Originally posted by NoNonsense
        i can't say for sure, but i think they simply overlay any piece with carbon there...
        Yes!
        The Perfectionist
        sigpic
        Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by NoNonsense
          That's right, but because I don't think he wants to change wood trim to carbon trim for weight savings, this is a far cheaper new solution.

94' RS2 Coupe TT (Twin Torsen )

Comment

I dunno... having the real thing would make me feel better (temperatures in our cars here in the desert can reach over 200* F in the summer, and my interior is black) and from what I saw the applique seems like alot of work. Is it difficult to source these pieces from Audi?

Comment

Also with the treser lamps they are like rocking horse s**t and when they do come up for sale they are ridiculously priced, I dont know of anyone who makes them for the coupe though.

Greg
              Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Working...
              X