Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for standard S2 light units

Hi Peeps,

Just wondering if anyone has some standard light units for my S2???? as my car was imported from germany its lights point the other way for european roads, it just failed the mot on this point , can get away with light deflectors but if i can get hold of some lights means i don't have the problem in the future......

Cheers...
    Jimer
    93/94 S2 Coupe ABY, RS4 Replica's,Kamei Grill, Thats it at the mo:cry:
    More To Come Soon!!!!!:rock:

Are yours elipsoid? they should have the beam adjust on the back of the lights to convert from left to right hand drive
    Nice one
    Gav
    S2 Cabriolet.........

Comment

I think that's why he said standard lights!
      The Perfectionist
      sigpic
      Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

I've got a 3B N/S headlight somewhere in the garage. The O/S one cracked so I changed both for the ellipsoids. So I have the remaining original one spare.
        SS

Comment

elipsoids are standard lights?
          Gav
          S2 Cabriolet.........

Comment

[Quote ] elipsoids are standard lights?
            Gav [/Quote]

On ABY yes, not on 3B, I believe.

Rosco

Comment

Hi...

You will have to excuse me but i've never heard of elipsoid lights before!!!!! bit of a dunce!!!!!! so can you adjust them at the rear of the light unit then???? my car is an ABY model,.. and if so how????

thanks for the advice...

Jimer

Comment

There is a black lever inside the light unit accessible from behind. Can't take a picture as I am in Belgium and a tad far away from my S2! If you have ABY you have Elipsoid lights unless it is a wierdo cross-over model when they made the production change. Look for a photo of an RS2 and if your lights look the same then you have elipsoids: caracterised by the round solid glass looking bluish (in some light conditions) bulb lens inside behind the headlight glass.
                1995 S2 Avant with some upgrades

Designun Limited....
                Aerospace, Space and Motorsport Design Consultancy and hardware supply.

Comment

Thanks Lee...

I now what you mean by elipsoid lights now, i saw an RS2 the other day and it had the bluish ball in the light, unfortunatly my lights don't have them in so presume they can't be adjusted oh well back in search of a set of lights i guess...

Thanks for the help
                  jimer

Comment

You got it. Bluish ball. I don't think yours can be adjusted
                    1995 S2 Avant with some upgrades

Designun Limited....
                    Aerospace, Space and Motorsport Design Consultancy and hardware supply.

Comment

As a short term fix, you could probably get away with changing just the lenses.
                      Mike

http://www.s2-audi.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Mikes2
                        As a short term fix, you could probably get away with changing just the lenses.
                        Lenses ara available from GSF and euro car parts. £32 ish each.

Tyr the audi breakers in Melksham on Station approach, they will have some.

Good luck,

David

Comment

Not all ABY cars have the ellipsoids. IIRC from MY 94 and onwards only so the MY 93 cars have the h4+h1 units.

LHD/RHD h4 reflectors are not the same so better not just to replace the lenses but get the whole light units. This is also a safety issue as good lights are always only a positive thing.
                          -

Comment

I'm looking to get some ellipsoid lights so will have a set of the regular H4/H1 lights spare.. PM me if you are interested..
                            Does anyone know the cheapest place for ellipsoids as I'm itching to get my HIDs back in use after taking them out of the S6..
                            1996 A6 TDI Quattro Avant, Xenon HIDs, A4 Autodipping rearview.
                            Previous: UrS6 with RS2 bits.. <sigh>

Comment

I got my ellipsoids from my stealer. ~£160 each.
                              SS

Comment

Working...
                              X